• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Do You Think Guys?

WOW, I didn't know that he cussed you out....that's totally uncalled for!!!

Yep, shame he had to take me aside to do so. I'm drafting a letter to him as a final response. Oh well, on to bigger and better places! :) Outback across the street is cigar friendly. I'll search some places out in the meantime...

WOW, I didn't know that he cussed you out....that's totally uncalled for!!!

Yep, shame he had to take me aside to do so. I'm drafting a letter to him as a final response. Oh well, on to bigger and better places! :) Outback across the street is cigar friendly. I'll search some places out in the meantime...

I'll be writing a review about Matt Denny's "exceptional customer service" on citysearch tomorrow.

Very sorry to hear this guys... Maybe the guy just had a bad day?

I know a place in Corona thats cigar Friendly.. See you there on the 26th..

Mark F.

That sucks, how about SILK at Monterey Park???
Derrick are we still on for tonight.

UPDATE

We had approximately 17 people show up at Matt Denny's tonight. We sat outside on their smoking patio, which was empty. There were only two other small parties outside along with us. Everyone in our group purchased drinks, and several people purchased food as well. It was a Thursday evening, and the restaurant (patio especially) was very quiet. Please be aware that Matt Denny's patio is, and has been for 8 years, a cigar friendly patio. Every time we meet at Matt Denny's, it's always either a Wed or Thurs evening (which is always quiet). Plus, it's winter, and very few people want to sit on the patio...

Towards the end of the event, Matt Sweeney (owner of Matt Denny's) pulled me aside to bitch/cuss me out about how we are no longer allowed to patronize his establishment. Matt stated that we "smoked out his patio" (mind you, we were primarily the only party out there), and that we have to "knock this shit off" and "find a new place, I can't have this shit here". Matt continued to cuss at me, and was quite pissed; his anger clearly got the best of him. I responded to him in a very professional and calm manner, not using any cuss words, yet he continued to repeat himself and cuss at me about how "this shit needs to stop" and how he doesn't want us there anymore. He stated that we only spent no more than $150-$200, and that wasn't enough money. I can guarantee we spent quite a bit more than $200. Two people alone who I sat next to spent over $60 tonight. I was quite shocked by Matt's behavior and continual use of "shit" and "fuck". Our group has herfed at Matt Denny's only 3 times over a 3 month period; each time spending a considerable amount of money on food and drinks.

Unfortunately Matt is an uneven tempered individual, who has a lot to learn about customer service. Matt advertises his restaurant as being "cigar friendly". He acted as if we took up his entire patio, and spent nothing on food/drinks. Ask anyone who was there on Thursday, and they'll tell you that we all patronized the restaurant quite fairly. I would have never expected to be spoken to in such a poor and demeaning manner in which Matt spoke to me.

If Matt decided he didn't want our group visiting his restaurant any longer, he really should approached me in a more professional/respectful manner than in which did. There was absolutely NO reason for his irate behavior.

As an 8 year patron of Matt Denny's, I will never support this restaurant again. We will find a new place which actually appreciates the business. It's quite ironic that Matt is in the hospitality business - he sure has a lot to learn about being hospitable. We'll move on to something bigger and better, stay tuned...

Rod

Rod,

In the short time I have been a member of Cigar Pass, and have Herfed with you personally I have known you to be nothing but professional and a great guy. I have to agree with you 100% about the way the whole thing went down.:angry:

I actually thought the owner was going to pay you a compliment, instead he bashed you and the group. I applaud the way in which you conducted yourself under those circumstances, because I am pretty certain that if I were in your situation that night I might have reacted quite differently.

The mood definatley soured after you left, I was personally ready to consume more than I was offered. It was ackward to say the least but this will definately not discourage us from getting together as a matter of fact we should meet more often if possible.

You name the place and time, and you bet your arse I will be there! :thumbs: Thanks to you and Ashley for running such a great site, and it is a privilage to able to Herf with you, and the rest of the So Cal Crew.

I have one last thing to add, where ever we decide to get together we should all put our receipts together and pass them along to Mr. Sweeny and thank him for his hospitality.

Adrian

Edit: To add oh by the way F*ck Matt Denny's! :D

Things I learned at my first cp herf;

That Matt Denny's restaurant owner sucks.

Nobody likes the fact I smoke Bahia on occasion.

I'm not allowed to hug Pete Johnson on the 26th party.

Wes is a smart guy.

People give/trade alot of nice cigars.

Opus Mex is a funny guy.

Lots of nice people, fun to hang with you guys. Thanks for the invite and look forward to doing it again.

Erich

Hey Erich,

I am from the school of "smoke what you like, and like what you smoke." Sorry to hear about you not being able to engage Pete at the event. As far as everything else you listed I have to agree with you 100% :laugh:

Adrian