• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What do you think of Rocky Patel?

I've had the 1990's as well and, while it took me a while to get into, I actually liked it, though I've never bought any since. Just an inital 5'er off C-bid. Beyond that, I don't much care for any of the other Indian Tabac products. Has anyone ever actually tried anything in the Corrosion line or the Fire series (his supposed super-deluxe-triple-fermented-series?) Never tried those myself either.

I had a 1990 Toprmedo that reminded me of a AF Hemi Classic. Very nice but I think the DCarlos Presidenta is better from my memory.

I smoked a 1993 Torpedo and thought is was a good though not great cigar. No complaints on construction though it was a bit mild in taste for me. I'm still waiting to try the 1990 Robusto

I recently burned a 1990 Robusto and it was ok. Nothing too great. It was medium spice, low strength. It didn't cut as cleanly as I expected, had to cut it twice.

The flavor was decent but not the rank of cA's rating.

Leebo8-9-8 said:
I met him once at a promo. He's a personable guy.

I like his smokes for the most part too. :D
I think Rocky Balboa could kick his a$$!:D

Actually, I have been meaning to try the 92 edition, one of these days!

JV

Tried the 90 and 92's, each twice. Just not a fan... It's a little more spicy than the opus's I think. Which those are as spicy as I like.

Had the vintage 1990 last night. Excellent draw and awesome aroma. I have yet to have one that I didn't like, other than one that had a nearly blocked draw awhile back. Then again, that isn't necessarily the cigar's fault.

I have found that if I let these nap a bit they get better. Got a couple of 5'ers off CB, didn't think they were anything special so I tossed them in the bottom of the coolerdor. That was 3 or 4 months ago, digging around last week I picked up a '90. I enjoyed the stick this time, nubbed it. :thumbs:

I stopped in to a local shope here in IL called CIGAR KING.. I noticed that this thursday they are having a rocky patel party.. HMMMMMM and it said free smokes and food.. I cant wiat too see what RP they will be giving out..