• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What do you think?

mealstrom

Bucanero wants to do a special blend for our shop, and they asked if we had any ideas for bands. Since we have such a huge military population I decided to make up some military ones. I think I came up with something I like, but I'd LOVE advice, ideas, criticism, or anything else to make them better. (Or just stroke my ego and tell me they're awesome. :lol: ) If we're going to be making bands I really want them to look as good as possible.

Bucanero has such pretty embossed bands that I really wanted to do something that would be striking when you look at it, but wouldn't be too complicated or visually confusing. I think these came out well:

1st draft:
Submarine band
USMC band

They're very simple, so if anyone thinks it'd look better to add something else in definitely give me ideas.

Thanks guys!

I forgot that here you can embed pics! :laugh: Here's my first try at it:

BUCANERO%20BAND%20-%20dolphins.jpg

BUCANERO%20BAND%20-%20marines.jpg

The both look pretty good, but I think the USMC one it awesome. The emblem almost looks 3D.

Dave

I'm new here but I love the USMC band. If these things happen I would love to order some from you for my gfs brother. Let me know if all works out, thanks!

Why don't you create one as if it's rolled on the cigar, and then step and repeat it ten times. Maybe even on a cigar. Then you'll see how they look in a box.

the USMC band is very very cool, I'd vote for that one - though I have always been a huge fan of getting "silent service" from women. :laugh:

Thanks for all the opinions! (I love getting my ego stroked. :laugh:) Actually, it's very helpful. I want to make sure we put out some good stuff. When these cigars come in I'll let everyone know so we can send them out. I plan on buying a few boxes of the Submarine ones to hand out to friends.

Even though I was an anchor clanker I would choose the USMC one. IT's just plain awesome looking.

I was going to suggest just that. While favoring the USMC due to my history. Why not just get both? They both look great. Nice job!!!

I think we're going to end up splitting the difference and getting both. I'm a submariner myself, but I do think the USMC ones look cooler. I have been trying to think of a way to make the sub one look better, but haven't come up with any ideas. I think it's just the cooler colors in the marine core band that makes it look like that.

The Bird, Ball and Hook would look better with a large caduceus behind it. :whistling:

<----<<

Doc.

I like them both. I prefer the colors of the sub one, but the USMC one does look awesome.

The bands look good, but I'd be sure to check into the legalities of using what is, I assume to be, a trademarked logo. Especially if you're selling something for profit. I don't know what the laws are, though... just something to think about.

---John Holmes...