• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Does Cigar Smoking MEAN to You?

Smoking to me means a celebration. My fellow smoking friends and myself are at that point in our lives where everything is in transition. Graduations, new jobs, leaving old jobs, marriages, children....things are in a constant state of motion. So we've just begun to celebrate everything with a good cigar, sitting around a fire pit, telling stories, making plans, and enjoying life to the fullest.

I have to second the notion that when one lights up, you're not just burning tobacco. You're torching your worries and cares away, at least for that hour or so of pure enjoyment. To quote a movie:

"We sat and drank with the sun on our shoulders and felt like free men... We were the lords of all creation."

Add a cigar, and that's what smoking is to me.

For example, for me, smoking a cigar means enjoying the finer things in life and being thankful. Since these things take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours to smoke, you are not rushed. I often smoke outside on my deck, relaxing in a chair by my firepit, and just look up in the sky. I admire the greeness of the trees, listen to the sounds of animals doing their animal-things, etc. I get real thankful for what I have in my life (house, wife, children). I think about loved ones, both here and crossed over.

Pretty much sums it all up for me...

For me it is:

- bonding with new and old friends over a shared passion.
- the quest for excellence, in the form of a cigar.
- the relaxation and stimulation of the senses that few other things like a cigar can provide.
- the thrill of the hunt for hard to find cigars and sharing a find with others.

To celebrate the moment
To reflect on the Pass
and to divine the future.

I find a good cigar by myself to be a great way to practice my "mindfullness:" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindfullness
Smoking is really a type of meditation for me, and judging from other's responses it sounds like that is fairly universal.

Smoking w/ others is a fantastic way to bond, and conversation is always better through tobacco smoke.

For me it's one to two hours each afternoon while the boys are napping, when I get to recharge my batteries and recover from the stresses of life with a 2 year old. Cigars may just save his life ;)

What would Mr. Natural respond.

I'll send you something sweet, if you know the answer.

Doc.
"Don't mean sheeit."

More than most people will ever be able to understand.

Wow Alan, that's deep :love:

StogieFarts...I think you pretty much summed it up :thumbs:

Brian
That's about as deep as I can get at this point, Brian. :)

Sometimes I think I'm in too deep as it is! :laugh:
Must be from reading those Fury Freak Brothers comics. I'll send your qt. of Vt's finest Fri. BTW, your parents hippies or somethin'? You're too young to know the answer to that question.

Doc.

Must be from reading those Fury Freak Brothers comics. I'll send your qt. of Vt's finest Fri. BTW, your parents hippies or somethin'? You're too young to know the answer to that question.

Doc.

When I was a kid I stumbled upon my neighbor's father's collection of Mr. Natural comics deep in their storage room. We stayed up all night reading those things and giggling at the drawings (I think I was around 11 or 12 at the time). He busted us the next day and gave us each a bundle of them when we graduated from high school. I spent a lot of time in college reading them and showing them off to my friends.

I may have to dig some of those out...

Thanks for the contest!

At the end of a long day, a cigar forces me to relax
and unwind. Can't smoke a cigar on the fly....

"We sat and drank with the sun on our shoulders and felt like free men... We were the lords of all creation."

Add a cigar, and that's what smoking is to me.
[/quote]

I believe that is from "Shawshank Redemption"....but I may be a little too obtuse :whistling:

My reasons vary depending on set and setting. Social, contemplative, habitual, sensory.

I think the question is intended to address the solitary experience? In that case, I just like to turn off the inner chatter and be the cigar. ;)

I must say that I agree with alot of what has been said here. I smoke cigars because I enjoy them. I won't smoke unless I feel I can devote some good time to it. Once in a while I'll smoke while puttering around but mostly, it's because I have or make time to sit and visit with someone, sometimes I'm alone on the patio, but in almost every instance, it is about some kind of inner healing or contemplation or chilling. A nice cigar almost forces me to sit, relax, and enjoy. If I'm rushing around alot, to me, what's the point.

Thanks for bringing this up. Nice topic!!

Having a fine cigar would mean more to me then ever before considering we're barred from smoking for the next couple months.

Fortunately, at AIT smoking is a phasing privilage which can be earned... :love: