• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What does CP mean to you?

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
What does this place, we hold dear in our hearts, mean to you?

Over the years I can't tell you how many strange looks I've received when I say "a friend of mine from CP", which occasionally has to be followed up with "well, I've not actually him but he is a good friend." But it's true!

It's also true that personality struggles to come through via typed or spoken text, but the number of people I genuinely cherish, but have yet to meet, is astounding! I've had a great deal of awesome face to face encounters, and I have met the most decent, generous, and good-hearted friend I have ever had in @jfields.

Imagine that we could all meet in some conducive venue, it would take days for everyone to have their chance to reminisce, and the stories would genuinely be priceless!

I wonder if @Rod ever had a spark of this reality in his mind? But the fact that he created it, tells me he may have!

What does CP mean to you?

I joined this board back in 2004. Back then I probably smoked 1-2 cigars per day, worked in a cigar store, and had just discovered message boards. I first joined because I didn't have any cigar smoking friends where I lived so I wanted to join a community where I could learn more. For the first few years I was on here just about all day every day when I wasn't working. I learned a great deal from the members here and eventually met many of them. For me, CP transitioned from a place of education to a place of camaraderie. I got to know several of the members here pretty well, and my conversations with them very often had nothing to do with cigars.

As life went on, my cigar habit waned off considerably. I probably only go through 3-4 per month now. I went from maintaining multiple large coolerdors to just one 100-count desktop humi. But even as cigars became less a part of my life (mainly due to most of my money going to music gear), I always seemed to find my way back here. I don't contribute remotely near as much as I used to, but I usually still log on once or twice a day just to stay current with what's going on with my friends. CP will always be a home for me.

Eric

Last edited:
Spam Bots and Chickens?

But seriously, joined up in 2008, took a hiatus, came back and realized how much I missed this place. Met a few BOTL’s from here in person over the years and each time the expectation (of the CP persona) was blown away in person. Hopefully will be able to meet some more of you guys/gals in the future.

I’m not a man of few words, but I’ll try. CP means support, education, consistency, loyalty and friendship to me. I’ve learned so much while being a part of this group. I’ve had a great time getting to know people here on a more personal level as well. And have had the pleasure of meeting a few guys here in Wyoming and in Oregon. The generosity here has been mind blowing as well.

I was super active for a few years then I fell off for a couple years due to life changes, but this place has always felt like my cigar home.

Alright, what the heck, I'll play. Since joining CP, I've been to a herf in New York (Quad State), and 2 in Colorado (Rocky Mountain Cigar Festival). I've had dinner and/or a smoke with @Thoughts, @modo22, @jarednowack (Mark), @SKYDIVNEKD, @Tall Paul, @CBoukal, @CigarStone, @Nate1977, @drunkfish3, @Eqwhipped, @Eqwhippette, @PuffTheMagicDragon, @tone-ny, and probably a couple others that I'm having a senior moment remembering. I've been invited to family dinners for Easter and Christmas. I've spent the night during a road trip. I've been invited to a family camp (couldn't make that one yet.), received bombs from a slew of brothers that I've never met as well. Tried cigars, I would have never heard of from places I would never have known about. I've spent a few hours a week on a zoom meeting talking to brothers throughout the US and a couple in Europe talking about golf, F1, hockey, family, kids, whiskey, women, guns, music, bodily fluids, camping, cooking, grilling, the weather, and once in a while, cigars. So, yea, CP is pretty special. For all of you that I haven't met, watch out, I'm trying get a couple things together so I can travel more and get out there and show up at your homes for a stogie and a drink. I'm serious, ask Jeff.

Hmmmm. Well, I joined in '08, when the politics on the cigar forum I was on just completely lost its shit. 😂

So this was a welcome respite. Since joining I've done newbie & regular passes, AVB's Scotch buys, trades, Secret Santas, bombs, all of that. Interacted with a lot of damn fine people, even if I've never met any of you. Said tearful goodbyes to a few lost along the way.

This is like the last php forum standing. I ran one of these for Heathenry for quite a few years & like the format.

But here's the thing: the longer you live, the fewer people you have in your life who "knew you when." And I've been here for fifteen years now. Not a whole bunch of folks in my off line life who've known me as long as you assorted miscreants! So yeah. You're all officially family now.

~Boar

Alright, what the heck, I'll play. Since joining CP, I've been to a herf in New York (Quad State), and 2 in Colorado (Rocky Mountain Cigar Festival). I've had dinner and/or a smoke with @Thoughts, @modo22, @jarednowack (Mark), @SKYDIVNEKD, @Tall Paul, @CBoukal, @CigarStone, @Nate1977, @drunkfish3, @Eqwhipped, @Eqwhippette, @PuffTheMagicDragon, @tone-ny, and probably a couple others that I'm having a senior moment remembering. I've been invited to family dinners for Easter and Christmas. I've spent the night during a road trip. I've been invited to a family camp (couldn't make that one yet.), received bombs from a slew of brothers that I've never met as well. Tried cigars, I would have never heard of from places I would never have known about. I've spent a few hours a week on a zoom meeting talking to brothers throughout the US and a couple in Europe talking about golf, F1, hockey, family, kids, whiskey, women, guns, music, bodily fluids, camping, cooking, grilling, the weather, and once in a while, cigars. So, yea, CP is pretty special. For all of you that I haven't met, watch out, I'm trying get a couple things together so I can travel more and get out there and show up at your homes for a stogie and a drink. I'm serious, ask Jeff.

A little concerned that “bodily fluids” is a listed topic for the V-Herf. 😳

Going to Jeff's family camp next Wednesday Joe... Just sayin!

It's funny how an online community becomes a huge daily part of your life. I joined 20 years ago (honestly it's flown by) and the older I get, the more I appreciate the connection here. I know if I need anything, there are people here that I could turn to, for help. I have a few close friends in my daily life and keep it that way. CP is just different.

I look forward to checking in daily with my CP family. I have people I consider good friends I've never met in person. People I text, FaceTime, and talk on the phone with. Members we've lost that I miss like crazy. Brian, Dan, Hank, Randy, Jon, Brad, Jim....
The list goes on.

Then there's Jeff. He's family to me in every sense of the word. The older brother I never had. I'm going to PA next week to see him and we always pick up right where we left off, even though the last time we got together was October last year. We've forged some really good memories over almost a 20 year period.