• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What goes Up ... must come Down

yigal

Sooo every Summertime or when the weather gets a bit hotter (I live in LA), the humidity level goes up in all my cedar-lined tupperdor's as well as my humidor. I use Boveda 65's for CC's and 69's for NC's. For the most part in the winter, when the temp is lower, the humidity levels are +/- what the Boveda packs dictate. When it gets hotter, like now, the RH on the CC's and NC's are hovering between 75%-78% respectively. Apparently the heat is just starting and we are in for a hot Summer. They are stored inside my house away from sunlight. Temperature in the house fluctuates between 72-78 fahrenheit. I'm worried that the RH may keep on rising. I've made a pretty significant investment (at least for me) in good cigars. Some I'm aging, some I'm smoking. But the last thing I want is for them to go bad. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

P.S. I put my hygrometer out in the open. My house, outside the Tupperdor and Humidor, currently measures at 76.2 RH

I would consider getting more Bovedas or larger ones. It sounds like they aren’t capable of absorbing the excess humidity. There are also humidification beads you can get that do the same thing.

Yep ..... put more beads or Bovedas in.
Geez I would think you go lower rh bovedas or smaller. I’m so glad to be here and learn this stuff. You guys are so knowledgeable it’s incredible. Total opposite of what I would do before I found this site.

Sooo every Summertime or when the weather gets a bit hotter (I live in LA), the humidity level goes up in all my cedar-lined tupperdor's as well as my humidor. I use Boveda 65's for CC's and 69's for NC's. For the most part in the winter, when the temp is lower, the humidity levels are +/- what the Boveda packs dictate. When it gets hotter, like now, the RH on the CC's and NC's are hovering between 75%-78% respectively. Apparently the heat is just starting and we are in for a hot Summer. They are stored inside my house away from sunlight. Temperature in the house fluctuates between 72-78 fahrenheit. I'm worried that the RH may keep on rising. I've made a pretty significant investment (at least for me) in good cigars. Some I'm aging, some I'm smoking. But the last thing I want is for them to go bad. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

P.S. I put my hygrometer out in the open. My house, outside the Tupperdor and Humidor, currently measures at 76.2 RH
Sir if you’re saying 76.2 is the humidity level in your home…i don’t believe that’s a healthy rh level for your home.

Geez I would think you go lower rh bovedas or smaller. I’m so glad to be here and learn this stuff. You guys are so knowledgeable it’s incredible. Total opposite of what I would do before I found this site.
Beads and Bovedas are able to stabilize the RH regardless of lower or higher.

They are smarter than most people from Kintucky! 😁😁😁😁

@SKYDIVNEKD

As said, add more -- I'd recommend beads, but many have good luck with just Boveda packs. My personal preference has always been at least double what is recommended for the size of storage vessel you are using. This will also help re-regulate the RH inside the container quicker after it is opened and exposed to outside conditions.