• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What have you been reading lately?

I just finished all of Brad Thor’s novels. There are five and the main character remains throughout the five books. If you like CIA type of adventure you need to check out these books, full of suspense and pretty realistic. Here is a link to his site
http://www.bradthor.com/

Robby

I just finished all of Brad Thor’s novels. There are five and the main character remains throughout the five books. If you like CIA type of adventure you need to check out these books, full of suspense and pretty realistic. Here is a link to his site

Robby

Have you read any of Neil Peart's books yet?

Robby

No, but they are on my list to get. Have you and if so what did you think?

I actually just finished re-reading Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code after watching the movie. Now I'm waiting on Godfather's - Revenge by Mark Winegardner. Huge Godfather fan here. Just picked one up on ebay and should be here any day now.

I here Dan Brown is coming out with another in '07. I look forward to that as well.

I'm a huge Godfather fan as well -- did you actually enjoy Godfather Returns? I was so disappointed.

I didn't finish it Zeebra. I was somewhat dissappointed from what I read. I may have read a 100pages a few months back and never got around to it again. It just didn't do much for me. That's why I'm hoping 'Revenge' is better but I do plan on giving 'Returns' another try. I thought maybe it was because I didn't read the original Godfather so more than likely that will be my next book after Revenge. Kind of working backwards here. :)

Oh man, do yourself a favour and go read the original Godfather! Then read The Sicilian by Puzo and then you can read The Last Don and Omerta if you're into mafia books ;)

I love Puzo. I started Fools Die a long time ago. I got about half way through and misplaced the book. I'll get back to it one of these days when I get around to finding the book. I am currently reading Island of the Sequined Love Nun by Christopher Moore.

Island of the Sequined Love Nun is a great book. It's Moore's best book IMHO.

Currently reading "Colder Than Hell - A Marine Rifle Company at Chosin Resevoir" by Joseph Owen.

I've read all of them except the Bicycling in Africa one. But I have read Ghost Rider, Roadshow, and the roadtrip in his Z8 book (which I can't recall the name of). I really enjoyed them all, especially as a fan getting to see how the pressures and popularity of a famous musician can affect his life. I never realized that so many movie stars and musicians go to great lengths to carry alternate identity credit cards and ID's.

I actually just finished re-reading Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code after watching the movie. Now I'm waiting on Godfather's - Revenge by Mark Winegardner. Huge Godfather fan here. Just picked one up on ebay and should be here any day now.

I here Dan Brown is coming out with another in '07. I look forward to that as well.

I recently read the illustrated version of The Da Vinci Code. It was great to be able to see exactly where the line between fact and fiction was drawn via the photos. Great photos, too. :thumbs:

I must admit to some skepticism about the official version of the Biblical events. But then, I always assumed that since the Bible was written by men, compiled by men, and edited by men, so that it must be at least somewhat tainted by the fallibility of mankind. "To err is human" is the other side of the Christian tenet that it is divine forgiveness that is our salvation.

I didn't read the Da Vinci Code because I saw the movie, but Deception Point and Angles and Demons were both good reads IMO

Gonz, I'm going to have to get off my ass and get Neil books after what you said about them. By the way, they just finished an album and is supposed to be released May 1 with a tour starting in Nashville on June 13

i was on the road 2-3 nights / week for 7 yrs, so i've read so many fiction novels i don't know where to begin. My favorite authors, and i've read about everyone of their books are: Brad Thor, Vince Flynn, John Grisham, Conn Igluden (his Emperor series is great!!), Anne Rice, Danial Silva, Brad Meltzer, Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child, Steve Martini, David Baldacci, Stephen Counts, Robert Ludlum, Dean Koontz (read about 1/2 of his stuff), Clive Cussler, Ted Bell, Matthew Reilly, and last but not least, my very favorite, Max Lucado.

Been reading stuff on how to learn the Russian Language for starters.

Planning on a new little lady in your life? :love:

Not that I am aware of no. I've been listening to Russian music for nearly 3 years now and I figured that I need something to do in retirement other than take my pain pills, smoke fine cigars, and travel. Plus, it would be really nice to know what they are singing even though I enjoy it without understanding it. :D

...I'm a big fan of Rush but didn't know that Neil was a writer. I checked out a few pages of a couple of his books on Amazon and will be buying a couple. Thanks for the heads up, Gonz..!!

Regards - B.B.S.

Not sure if i posted it, and to lazy to check. Flags of our Fathers. Great read!!!

Peter C. Vollhardt's "Organic Chemistry: Structure and Function"

... Cure for insomnia

:)

... Cure for insomnia

If you need a cure, read some Middle English text. And if you are really desperate, try some Old English. Guaranteed a sleeper for most.

I didn't read the Da Vinci Code because I saw the movie, but Deception Point and Angles and Demons were both good reads IMO

Gonz, I'm going to have to get off my ass and get Neil books after what you said about them. By the way, they just finished an album and is supposed to be released May 1 with a tour starting in Nashville on June 13

I love Rush. What is the new album? The only one that I see on www.rush.com is the Rush Replay which is a DVD of their concerts.

... Cure for insomnia

If you need a cure, read some Middle English text. And if you are really desperate, try some Old English. Guaranteed a sleeper for most.

college....English lit....pure HELL....

Its not THAT bad. I've taken more English Literature classes than I care to remember. One time I was taking a special course on Chaucer/Shakespeare/Milton. It was an experimental class the University of Nebraska at Lincoln was trying out. We was reading The Canterbury Tales. I was reading it in Middle English and I wondered why everyone was so far into it than I was so I asked my buddy how the hell did you breeze through it. He told me he was reading the Modern version of it. Cheating bastards!!! I kept to my guns and read it in Middle English. When I was done, it was a pretty rewarding experience. :thumbs: But its definitely not for everyone. :laugh: