• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

what humidor do you like?

Cohiba 4

Hey guys,
Im a newb and i dont have a humidor yet. I have pretty much narrowed it down to two different models. Both are cuban crafters. I have my opinion on which one i like but i want to hear your expert opinions too :).

http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/item_id/261

http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/item_id/2674

The first one has a drawer in it which i think is a really cool feature. But i am the kind of person who will want to look at my prized smokes, so the glass one also appeals to me. Do you think that the cutter, case, solution and humidor is a good deal. Any opinons would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Bryan

From a purely aesthetic point of view, I prefer choice no. 1

Doc.

If I had to choose I would go with #1. I do have to say that for the money you could probably do much better in the both the humidor and accessory department as these package deals are usually not what they are cracked out to be.

Have you checked out the CP Cigar store ? Give it a try you just might find what you are looking for.

ML237 said:
If I had to choose I would go with #1. I do have to say that for the money you could probably do much better in the both the humidor and accessory department as these package deals are usually not what they are cracked out to be.

Have you checked out the CP Cigar store ? Give it a try you just might find what you are looking for.
[snapback]285155[/snapback]​

Of those 2 I think the second looks better but the first holds more. I would order something from the CP store. They have superb deals there. You could order a humidor with the same capacity for a lot less and buy a box with the remainder.

Great recommendations to try out the new CP Store..... but also if ya plan on staying here for a while..... go with a cooler also..... keep the boxes in the cooler and the singles in the humi.

Also, Use Beads !!!!!!

I don't think you'll find anyone who doesn't praise the beads! They work great.

Either one of those will work fine, I personally would prefer the first over the second based on looks. But keep in mind that these will really work great for singles only. If you plan on buying any full boxes ever, or if you hang around here too much, you'll need something larger, like a cooler, to store your collection.

My first humi "package deal" was from cuban crafters. Just my opinion, but stay away. Try Ebay or one of the larger cigar sellers.

n

nfulton said:
My first humi "package deal" was from cuban crafters. Just my opinion, but stay away. Try Ebay or one of the larger cigar sellers.

n
[snapback]285344[/snapback]​

im sorry but i dont think i quite understand, you got a package deal from there but why didnt you like it?

Both look great. But you cant trust the gauge on the front. It isnt ment to be removed, therefor you can not calibrate it. I'd stay away unless you buy a seperate meter.

Emo

emodx said:
Both look great. But you cant trust the gauge on the front. It isnt ment to be removed, therefor you can not calibrate it. I'd stay away unless you buy a seperate meter.

Emo
[snapback]285615[/snapback]​

thats what i plan on doing emodx, Thanks.
Bryan

emodx said:

Emo
[snapback]285615[/snapback]​

Mine was the same style, the instructions told me to remove it to do a salt calabration test... it removed without a problem - but I still decided to install a digital.

Cohiba 4 said:
nfulton said:
My first humi "package deal" was from cuban crafters.  Just my opinion, but stay away.  Try Ebay or one of the larger cigar sellers.

n
[snapback]285344[/snapback]​

im sorry but i dont think i quite understand, you got a package deal from there but why didnt you like it?
[snapback]285582[/snapback]​

In a matter of six months it refused to retain humidity. I am not an expert, but I tried everything to get it to work. Normally, I would blame myself, but I have others that have had no problems. Its sad because it was a beautiful desktop.

I purchased this one to replace it and couldn't be more pleased.

http://cgi.ebay.com/7-Drawer-HUGE-200ct-Ci...5QQcmdZViewItem

n

the bigger the better..you will invariably get more cigars than you could even imagine..CC are of good quality but very expensive - go elsewhere.

Hi! I'm in the market for a humidor also, and the first Cuban Crafters model (the black Cuban Exotica with the maple inlay) looks very good to me. I had a couple questions:

-Several references were made to package deals, but reading the description I can't find any mention of other items the humidor comes with. Were these referring to different deals, or did I miss something on their website?

-What kind of analog meter do these come with? If it can be removed as bthompson2875 says, is it possible to replace the meter with something like the Adorini Synthetic Hair hygrometer? Would there be any performance increase over the OEM meter with such an aftermarket model? (I realize a digital is probably a good idea regardless, but if you have to have a meter stuck on the front it would be nice if it was at least slightly accurate).

-Would the Heartfelt Aluminum brick be a suitable replacement for the black plastic humidifier stuck to the inside of the lid? I don't mean in terms of performance, but rather, would it fit, and could you affix it to this lid successfully?

Sorry if any of this has been covered before, I couldn't find answers for these specifics in my searches. If anyone has personal experience with this humidor I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

^_^