• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What I did on my summer vacation ....

Did you take any classes or just going off recipes? I considered at one point to take a bartending course. Up until now it’s been recipes but every time I find a recipe I need to buy 2-3 new bottles of mixers to make anything

Did you take any classes or just going off recipes? I considered at one point to take a bartending course. Up until now it’s been recipes but every time I find a recipe I need to buy 2-3 new bottles of mixers to make anything

Mostly online recipes from Robb Report & Liquor.com. Someone I follow on Twitter was doing online mixology classes on Zoom & while I didn't actually ATTEND any of them, her threads got me interested enough to break out the cocktail shaker my kid sister sent me ages ago & give it a try.

I started adding a bottle or two or some bitters to my liquor store deliveries & just gradually built up enough stock to try a bunch of things. The absinthe for Sazeracs & Creme de Violette for Aviations are pretty drink-specific & don't know what else I'll do with them but I'll be able to make THOSE drinks for YEARS. 😂

Big favorite is the Boulevardier. That is a REALLY tasty drink. I've restocked the sweet vermouth & Campari a couple times each now!

I hear you about the bottle bill though. I really, really want to make a Last Word but a bottle of green Chartreuse is like $50!

~Boar

Mostly online recipes from Robb Report & Liquor.com. Someone I follow on Twitter was doing online mixology classes on Zoom & while I didn't actually ATTEND any of them, her threads got me interested enough to break out the cocktail shaker my kid sister sent me ages ago & give it a try.

I started adding a bottle or two or some bitters to my liquor store deliveries & just gradually built up enough stock to try a bunch of things. The absinthe for Sazeracs & Creme de Violette for Aviations are pretty drink-specific & don't know what else I'll do with them but I'll be able to make THOSE drinks for YEARS. 😂

Big favorite is the Boulevardier. That is a REALLY tasty drink. I've restocked the sweet vermouth & Campari a couple times each now!

I hear you about the bottle bill though. I really, really want to make a Last Word but a bottle of green Chartreuse is like $50!

~Boar
The green chartreuse is what ended my journey. I forget what the drink was but it called for a 1/2 ounce pour and when I found the bottle I decided that wasn’t the drink for me haha. Love the journey though and really do hope to be able to build up a bar to try this when/if/someday our new house gets built. I have a bit of an obsession with bitters and always buy new ones when I find them. Really would like to start and try to make my own as well.

I have a bit of an obsession with bitters and always buy new ones when I find them. Really would like to start and try to make my own as well.

I just have the standard Angostura, Peychaud's & Orange bitters so far, but the Twitter follow I mentioned is DEEP into bitters & has tons of different ones, as well as making her own herbal simple syrups.

Not quite that far along yet, but there's a couple more bitters I definitely have my eyes on.

~Boar

Since I'm here & talking about it, the Boulevardier:

1 oz. sweet vermouth
1 oz. Campari
2 oz. bourbon

Combine in shaker with ice & give it a go until it's icy cold. I like a full 30 seconds.

Strain over fresh ice in a rocks glass with an orange peel twist. You can do the one large cube like the pic or just regular ice cubes.

It is absolutely delicious.

~Boar

I used Bourbon Bada Bing Cherries & I'm sticking with 'em. 🙃

Do have a jar of Luxardo. Like these better.

~Boar

Great results for your summer vacation. And how did you prepare these cocktails? I cannot identify them by their appearance. Of all these cocktails, I tried only Aviation and Martini. I dislike drinking too much, but I like to smoke. This year I went on a cruise where my new friend taught me how to smoke a hookah. It was my first hookah, so I first smoked it like a cigarette. And then I liked vaping with a full chest. When I chose a cruise, I didn't know that there would be hookah in restaurants. I just chose a cruise to Argentina in this liner schedule www.cruisetimetables.com. My girlfriend refused to go there because she broke her leg during training in the gym. I was there alone.

Great results for your summer vacation. And how did you prepare these cocktails? I cannot identify them by their appearance. Of all these cocktails, I tried only Aviation and Martini. I dislike drinking too much, but I like to smoke. This year I went on a cruise where my new friend taught me how to smoke a hookah. It was my first hookah, so I first smoked it like a cigarette. And then I liked vaping with a full chest. When I chose a cruise, I didn't know that there would be hookah in restaurants. I just chose a cruise to Argentina in this liner schedule www.cruisetimetables.com. My girlfriend refused to go there because she broke her leg during training in the gym. I was there alone.
TL; DR.