• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What is it with people who smoke with the bands on

cigardawg said:
I'll give you two smarta$$ reasons and one real reason to keep the band on.

1. So that the bloke next to me knows that I am smoking a superior cigar to his. :p Yep, it's all about cigar-envy.

2. Even though one doesn't wear white gloves doesn't mean that they want their fingers stained. I've noticed that exceptionally oily wrappers will actually stain the fingers.

3. Because I freakin' want to...I got no 'splainin to do to you. :sign:

Hell, I don't know why I keep the band on my cigars, I just do. :whistling:
[snapback]195365[/snapback]​

:sign:

psyktek said:
Some Rosado wrappers will also stain the fingers....

Mainly it's because I've torn too many wrappers trying to get a band off where the glue has seeped out from under the seam. What I find is that if I wait until the 2/3 point it has usually loosened enough to slip it off without problems.

Besides, I'm running out of white gloves.... :laugh:
[snapback]195367[/snapback]​

I second this reason, many good cigars have been ruined by torn wrappers due to premature band removal.

fetterjohn said:
#2 - Even if I'm smoking alone...I like to show off my smokes!! :laugh: :whistling:

-Fetter
[snapback]195457[/snapback]​

For the above reason and also I keep my bands to use for paintings or mixed-media works, so I do thake them off before they burn. I was inspired to do so by a local artist my wife interned with earlier this year.
Check out his site
MIGRATIO.jpg

wishuwell.jpg

Lumberg said:
So, for those of you who keep the band on, JUSTIFY YOUR ACTIONS OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE.

:angry:

:D
[snapback]195363[/snapback]​

Okay. At AVB's herf, you took the band right off of one of the cigars I gave ya -- and I recall seeing a nice big hole in the wrapper where the band was sitting previously. ;)

moki said:
Lumberg said:
So, for those of you who keep the band on, JUSTIFY YOUR ACTIONS OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE.

:angry:

:D
[snapback]195363[/snapback]​

Okay. At AVB's herf, you took the band right off of one of the cigars I gave ya -- and I recall seeing a nice big hole in the wrapper where the band was sitting previously. ;)
[snapback]196520[/snapback]​

Damn. I only remember finishing an Anejo and starting a JdN after you arrived.

I musta been sloshed.

Lumberg said:
Damn. I only remember finishing an Anejo and starting a JdN after you arrived.

I musta been sloshed.
[snapback]196576[/snapback]​

Yeah we were wondering if your head was going to hit the table :)

I DO remember you asking "who put the roofie in this guy's drink?"

Just out of curiosity, what cigar did you give me that I so unceremoniously mutilated?

I had to sit out a few hands just so I could put you to bed. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: