• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What is the best smoke eater/filter/purifier for the money?

steamboat

Future Skinny Person
The search function didn't show me any love so my next stop is Google but I wanted to see if anyone here knew about smoke eaters, etc.

I work out of my home but I am considering renting a small house or commercial space for my office. If I do, I am definetely putting in a smoking lounge and I am wanting advice about keeping the air clear and reduce the smell as much as possible.

We sell Honeywells at work, I work for a HVAC/R distributer in Michigan.

Check out the F111 and F118's ( I think I have the right numbers) on Honeywell.com

They range from $1500 to $3000, but that is what Bowling Alleys and such us. Maybe that is too big for you thought.

I don't think you will need to spend as much as bill stated. I have a medium size air purifier that I got from wal-mart that does the job for me. In approximately 8-10hrs it completely emliminates the smell in a moderate size room And it only cost me about 70bucks. I would think a larger unit, maybe two, would do the job for you. Of coarse, that depending on what your looking for.

I may have to check out Honeywell for a smaller version also. I need to find a suitable one for a 350 - 400 sq ft room. I want mine in the ceiling though, when we build our new house and vented to the outside. Idea was to have the ceiling fan pull the smoke up initially, and then the smoke eater to exhaust it. I will also have a couple hepa purifiers in this space as well.

Bill

Ranger let me know and I will get a price for you. Ill use my discount see if its decent. The ones I posted above are commercial grade ones with hepa and charcoal filters. They push a lot of CFM. You may not need that big.

you need to check out aqe Air Quality Engineering........i have there biggest unit in my lounge......it works awesome!!! my lounge is like 1400 sq ft it works excellent on cigar smoke! also if you order call aqe direct they gave me a way better deal than smokeeaters.org also make sure the unit you get is designed for tobacco smoke ........and more importantly cigar smoke.......there is a huge difference in some units and they dont work that well on cigar smoke so they are a waste of good money......this type fo unit is an air scrubber it dosent exhaust to the outside.......in most places thats a waste of heat or ac depending on where you live.

You could also put in a ERV, or Energy Recovery Ventilator. It brings in fresh air from outside but because of the Air to Air exchanger in it you loose no heat. It would make the room always seem fresh.

Don't use the exhause method. It takes all your AC/head with it. The electrostatic ones like Idahogn talks about are the best (we have a similar unit in my store). They are a bit of a hassle to clean, but you won't have to clean it near as often as we do. I've got anywhere from 3-6 or 7 guys smoking at once... all day long.

If you don't mind spending little under a $1000, Trion SE400 is highly recommended. I have a Trion SE800 at my shop and it can take care of 4 - 6 smokers without a problem. The unit need to be cleaned with detergent once in a while but you won't have to replace any filters which is a plus.

We have 8 Air Quality Engineering C-12 Electrostatics in our club. They seem to handle the smoke very well. You have to bring in some fresh air from somewhere otherwise you will get particulate in the air which can give you a burning eye feeling.

In our banquet room we have 4 of these. It's about 1500 sq ft and we get up to 80 cigar smokers in there for our monthly dinner. The 4 units change the air 16 times an hour. We bring fresh air through our HVAC system. Seems to work well. There will always be some people who complain about anything. Anytime you get that many people in a room smoking there will always be some smoke around. Hey? it's a cigar club.

We have a member/volunteer that takes care of the filter cleaning. We currently use the solution supplied by AQE to soak the filters but we will be installing a dishwasher that will be dedicated to cleaning our filters. Much more efficient than soaking and rinsing.

Roscoe
The Metropolitan Society
http://www.metrocigar.com

We have 8 Air Quality Engineering C-12 Electrostatics in our club. They seem to handle the smoke very well. You have to bring in some fresh air from somewhere otherwise you will get particulate in the air which can give you a burning eye feeling.

In our banquet room we have 4 of these. It's about 1500 sq ft and we get up to 80 cigar smokers in there for our monthly dinner. The 4 units change the air 16 times an hour. We bring fresh air through our HVAC system. Seems to work well. There will always be some people who complain about anything. Anytime you get that many people in a room smoking there will always be some smoke around. Hey? it's a cigar club.

We have a member/volunteer that takes care of the filter cleaning. We currently use the solution supplied by AQE to soak the filters but we will be installing a dishwasher that will be dedicated to cleaning our filters. Much more efficient than soaking and rinsing.

Roscoe
The Metropolitan Society
http://www.metrocigar.com

If I ever get up east, I would like to stop by and check out your club. We have smoking bans, here in Jeffersonville and across the river in Louisville, KY and basically the only place we can go smoke is our local B&M. If that ever changes (read as probably not going to last) something similar is a viable option in this area.

There is a guy on youtube talks about pipes and has a pretty large following. He just posted about a unit that he just got and is really impressed with. He didn't say what model it was, but said he got it at Costco for $100. I was thinking about trying to find it the next time I'm out that way.

There is a guy on youtube talks about pipes and has a pretty large following. He just posted about a unit that he just got and is really impressed with. He didn't say what model it was, but said he got it at Costco for $100. I was thinking about trying to find it the next time I'm out that way.

I think he found one already!

;)

Why in the hell did a three year old post get reported and therefore bumped at the same time?