• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What is this?

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
One of my son in law's patients is from the Dominican and he brought this to him last night. My grandson brought me this peice they cut off. I guess (third hand info) the guy said it was used to have tobacco any time you want it, put it in a pipe, roll a cigar, chew it, etc.? It was about 2 1/2 feet long and was heavy as hell!

The small peice they cut off is solid as a rock!

Does anyone have a clue?
@jfields , @CigSid , @Johnny-O! , @grateful1

1707240075170.png

1707240109422.png

One of my son in law's patients is from the Dominican and he brought this to him last night. My grandson brought me this peice they cut off. I guess (third hand info) the guy said it was used to have tobacco any time you want it, put it in a pipe, roll a cigar, chew it, etc.? It was about 2 1/2 feet long and was heavy as hell!

Does anyone have a clue?

View attachment 78573

View attachment 78574

Andullo?

I think that’s a beat stick, you use it to scare the shit out of your kids/grandkids (thus the function). “Go get me a cigar/drink/belgian waffle, my friend here Vitola Kumite is getting anxious and we don’t like it when he gets anxious.”

It looks like andullo. Here’s an article that talks about it.

John beat me to the punch. My phone isn’t pushing notifications like it used to. I’ll have to look into that.

Does anyone have a clue?

View attachment 78573

View attachment 78574
Were you waiting to post this question until after XYZ was gone? You know how long his answer would have been.

The guy also brought him these cigars. The spiral cigar is really good! The other one is good as well.

Anibal Trujillo.

1000001872.jpg

Last edited:

Does anyone have a clue?

View attachment 78573

View attachment 78574
Andullo was introduced by the Spaniards initially for harvesting. The andullo was tied at both ends for field workers and slung across their backs. This would allow them to freely work the crops with both hands and store what they picked. It's use goes back as far as Greek/Roman mythology. The horn shaped device had many uses in other forms as they were used on boats as fenders, so as not to smash up the hull when docking. It was used to store or transport any type of harvest and it could be in a wider shaped horn as we know it today...the cornucopia. Cornucopia is the wicker shaped horn we associate with Thanksgiving, where a variety of the year's harvest is displayed on a table during that time. I think a smaller andullo was used to store tobacco for chewing on road trips. These old relics remind me of a time I visited a small museum in Indiana a few years back. There was mostly pre-1830's Indian artifacts (can't remember the tribe) and lo and behold they had displayed a set of Culebras (3 cigars twisted together and tied). I asked the director if she knew the origins and she could only say that the cigars traveled better when they were in that shape. All these years I believed that malarkey about them having origins in the factories in Havana. John

Last edited: