• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What is your favorite smoke at and end of a crappy day of work?

medic5888

As I am sitting here smoking an Opus no.2 after a day of bad calls at work, I was wondering what does everyone else smoke after a bad day to relax and unwind?

Lately, it's been whatever is in my humidor. Been having so many bad days at work, I find I'll take whatever I can get. Just wish it didn't take me 20 minutes to decide on which one I'll smoke.

The first thing that strikes me as, hmm, i should smoke that. Usually its too nice of a cigar. But then again, with all the bad days, any day where I can enjoy being healthy with my family in good shape deems only the best of smokes. :)

When I really, really need to unwind and uplift . . . nothing beats a San Cristobal Fabuloso. They're a little higher than my "daily range," unless I've gotten a killer box deal, but they never disappoint.

~Boar

usually it'll be a longer stick like a toro or churchill, or a fat ring gauge just 'cause I know I will hotbox that cigar due to my emotions being more heightened than usual after a bad day. Not sure if the cigar will get me to that "heavenly" relaxation stage, but at least it will satisfy my nic fix. ;)

I had to think hard of what I reach for from the humidor, and yes, a San Cristobal does taste good, although only recently has my palate enjoyed them. I reach for Viaje, Padron, VSGs, or yes......I finally got it.......Illusione MK's :thumbs: that does the trick!

....an '03 Boli RC. The world gets better after one of those... :cool:

I don't have the experience of other members on the board, so I can't recommend any super high end sticks. However, the one cigar I keep going back to over and over is the Avalon Hellhound. They are not a real big company from what I can tell, but if you can track them down they are a pretty good sub $10 stick. Much better than the Juke series in my opinion.

A good one.

That is what first came to mind when I read this post.

But lately work has sucked! I find myself needing more because I can not just pick one! :cool:

Speaking of using a cigar as the means of calming/antidepressant/antianxiety; and basically smoking just to relax and not flip out...........I was wondering at what point will someone make a case that they are/should be allowed to smoke in all public areas because it is their means of antianxiety treatment. We had a lady wanting to come into our facility with her small dog the other day. It was not a seeing eye dog, not a rescue dog, it was her "antianxiety" dog....it made her calm when she was around thousands of people. Now ADA regulations do not allow me to ask to see her card nor make her prove that it is doctor prescribed. So who is to say that a cigar can not do that for you? Does it have to be an animal? It really can be any object. And as far as second hand smoke comments that may come up; that dog violates multiple health codes being in an area that serves food. Not to mention people could have allergies.

Just my random thought for the weekend.

Bad day at work...........no cigar it won't taste good just some cigarettes!

Rene

My favorite cigar after a rough day at work is the one in my hand! :thumbs:

tend to agree which ever cigar ends up in my hand!

I prefer a strong drink, I usually put more thought into that than I do my cigar.

Whatever comes out the "surprise humi"! :D Something different every day, if I can help it.

Its not so much the smoke its the hour plus of piece I get without having to worry about anything although I find myself sitting in front of my humidor debating decisions like its life or death so maybe im a hypocrite!

An Illusione in the truck on the way home. The vitola doesn't much matter. More often, its one of my dailies. Dion is still a money grubbing capitalist and doesn't give them away.

[sub]Dion, give me cigars...give me cigars...give me cigars...[/sub]

Nothing special. I find that my mood is usually affected enough to make what is usually an outstanding cigar seem...........Blehhh!