• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What ISOMs would be on your list?Why?

gr8full2day

FNG in Training
If you guys had an extra say $800 or so laying around. What ISOMs would u buy? Why? Whats reasonable prices? Where?(have a few scoped out so not looking to wiggle in on anyones "honey holes"). I am buying a few bundles of some 'domestics', but I was really moved by my first tastes of the forbidden fruit...reads we told u so!! Thanks in advance...have a blessed day

Monte #2's I have a fondness for. I have never had a Dunhill or Davidoff, so I would want to try a DP for sure. After that, maybe a couple of MO's samplers. :thumbs:
Emo

The following are ISOM's that I have had and really enjoyed. Got the prices off of Cigar Ltd. that advertises here on CP, but have no idea if they are "good" prices or not.

Cohiba Exquisitos $273.00 - Awesome cigar.

Partagas Serie D No. 4 $354.00 - Probably one of the best if not the best cigar I have ever smoked.

Ramon Allones Specially Selected $327.00 - Yummy.

Sancho Panza Coronas $241.00 - Great with coffee in the mornings!!

El Dentes $225.00 (this one I am guessing at as I just recently bought a 5-pack for $50) - Nice smoke.

ERDM (El Rey Del Mundo) Tres Petite Coronas $207.00 - Another good smoke.

Hope this helps.

Sam

Well, $800 isn't enough to get you very much of anything really rare (like Dunhills or Davidoffs) so I'd probably buy 2 or 3 boxes from the following list:
Monte #2
Cohiba Robusto
Punch Punch
Partagas 898 Varnished
SLR Regios
Cohiba Piramides EL
Partagas SD3 EL

I'd try to find aged ones if I could (2 - 3 years old) except in the case of the ELs.

Yes folks, yours truly is a good'un.

The El Dentes?

Those were rebanded cigars (d'oh) and should be listed as:

Edicion Limitada Romeo Juliet Robustos

Really good cigar.

*whistles walking away thinking he should of just edited the original post, but then he is sure he would of been caught like he was this time* :sign:

Sam

Would definitely shop the aged 'el dente' section ;)

now if $$ was no object...

deeeeep within mo's cabinets would be where you find me :)

FatherTiresius said:
I'd probably buy 2 or 3 boxes from the following list:
Monte #2
Cohiba Robusto
Punch Punch
Partagas 898 Varnished
SLR Regios
Cohiba Piramides EL
Partagas SD3 EL
What? No Boli's? :0 ;)

Your preference on size has a lot to do with what I would recommend. Some people just don't have the time to smoke larger cigars and then others just don't care for small ones. (Some people still seem to think size matters :0 )

To get the most for your buck and the largest sampling I would choose any combination of 5 box from the following:

SLR PC
Bolivar PC
Diplo's #4
Punch PC
Cohiba Panetela
Monte #4
Partagas PC
R&J Exhibicion #4
El Rey Del Mundo Choix Supreme
H Upmann PC

I would think you would come in at $800 or less as long as you're not shopping in the UK. At least thats what someone told me. :)

Ya know...I haven't had enough experience with Boli's. I really need to fix that situation. I've had some BBFs, and I like 'em. But I don't think I've tried any of the other vitolas. Good suggestion...thanks.

To get the most bang for your buck I would stick with pc's and tpc's. Here are some of my faves.

Boli Pc
Boli Coronas Junior
Partagas shorts
Partagas pc's
Partagas Tres petit corona
Cohiba Sig. I or II
San Cristobal El Principe
ERDM Lunch clubs
RyJ pc's
Punch Petit Punch
Monti 4's and 5's
Diplomatico 5's

I could go on but I think you get my point.

As far as price goes, depending on where you get them, I would say you should expect to pay somewhere between $125-$175 add a little more for the Cohibas.

psd4 $248
monte 2 $299
ryj churchills $308

a little over budget but close to $800

PSD3EL $325
1998 Punch Punch $240
1997 Monte #4 $175

Comes in at < $800 even after shipping.

A timely topic! Here is the order I just placed....Came in a bit over $800 but I would love any comments! Keep in mind I'm still 'sampling' and not looking at boxes. thats why I order 3 of each - one to taste, one to compare and one to save or pass!

Happy Birthday to myself! :thumbs:

3 Bolivar Royal Corona
3 Bolivar Inmensas
3 Bolivar Tubed No. 3
3 Cohiba Siglo IV
3 Cohiba Siglo VI
3 Le Hoyo des Dieux
2 Montecristo Double Corona LE
3 Partagas 898 Varnished
3 Partagas Piramides No. 2
3 Partagas 898 Unvarnished
3 Partagas Lusitanias
3 Ramon Allones Specially Selected
3 Ramon Allones Gigantes
3 Romeo y Julieta Robusto Maduro LE
3 Saint Luis Rey Serie A
3 Saint Luis Rey Regios
3 Vegas Robaina Familiar

I can't wait!

Nice variety of smoke there Kurt.

I used to deal soley with singles and would normally never have mroe than a couple of any one cigar in my humi. Then as I discovered more and more cigars that I like to smoke I started collecting them in more numbers to the point now I try to deal with 5 packs as much as I can. From this I am furthering narrowing down those cigars I truly enjoy and breaking them into 2 groups: group one is what I can afford to buy as a box. Group two being what I cna't afford to buy by the box but can purchase/handle 5-packs of. At this time 75% of my purchases are 5-packs and 25% are still singles (still discovering a lot of cigars - especially ISOM's).

I am hoping to start doing 50% 5 packs, 25% singles and 25% boxes here in the very near future.

Sam

At this time 75% of my purchases are 5-packs and 25% are still singles (still discovering a lot of cigars - especially ISOM's).

A really good way to try different sticks. Nothing is more disapointing than to spend $150-$250 an a box of cigars and find out they aren't what you hoped they were. Something to keep in mind, just because that last box of 98 boli's was great, doesn't mean that the new box of the new code will be. Try to find out the box code before you buy. If you can find out, ask around as someone else probably has tried the new ones.

Thanks Sam -

I'm currently in the 'Sampling' mode - hence the variety - but ultimately I would like to start picking up boxes of memorable smokes that will age for a bit and also to get more active with the bombs, trades, and passes!

It doesn't take long for the Domestics that a year ago I thought were awesome to migrate to the 'give away to the guy that usually smokes swishers' box! :D

I like your plan to move to fivers then boxes!

Kurt

Did the smokes ever come in? How were they? Were you happy?

I prefer Ramon Allones Gigantes.
Hoyo's are too mild for my taste.
I'm not impressed with Partagas Lusitanias.
I never really understood all the hype about Cohibas, I find them average.

Easy..........

A box of CoRo's and a box of BBFs and you've still got a little of change left in your pockets!!!

:D :D

siglo VI, and then an h.uppman, perhaps sir winston if you have money.

well, that's what i'd be getting, i wanna try those. and if i didn't like em, i could trade em :p