• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What lighter to buy as a gift?

SDcigarsmkr

Hi everyone,

I have a very good friend that recently received a very big promotion and I want to buy him a nice lighter and have something engraved on it.

I would like to keep the cost under $250.

What would you recommend?

TIA!

Hi everyone,

I have a very good friend that recently received a very big promotion and I want to buy him a nice lighter and have something engraved on it.

TIA!

Hands down, Dupont Xtend. I usually carry one of my cheap lighters, just because If I F'ked up a $5 lighter no big deal. If I F'k up my $135 lighter I'll be pissed.

That being said I do feel as if I could carry around my Xtend and it won't be damaged, it is very solid and very well built. It lights on the first time every time and has a pretty large fuel tank.

Cigarmony has the regular line extends for $138 and the Opus X and James Bond Xtend's for $205

Cigarmony

+2 on the X-tend. My tobaccanist tells me that Dupont will be raising prices by 32% in July...FYI.

Another vote for the Xtend. keep in mind that though the body is very durable (and it holds a good amount of gas), the glossy finishes are prone to chipping. Wither go matte or a case.
Great lighter...and nice gift!

Oh--and Mark at cigarmony is the place to get them!

Another vote for the Xtend. keep in mind that though the body is very durable (and it holds a good amount of gas), the glossy finishes are prone to chipping. Wither go matte or a case.
Great lighter...and nice gift!

Oh--and Mark at cigarmony is the place to get them!

I have a matte and love it. If I accidentally slip it into the same pocket as my keys the next time I pull it out it looks a little scratched up. This really pissed me off the first time, I had just bought my first high quality lighter and scratched it up within 10 minutes :angry: , turns out the scratches rubbed right off.

I should really get a case for it...

Another vote for the Extend. I received one as a surprise gift from my little woman. It's never failed and is the best lighter I have ever had. Get the Opus (I've got the black) and a can of vector fuel. :thumbs:

Thanks for the fast replies guy's. I have a call into Cigarmony to see if they will do the engraving. If they do not, where to you go to have that done?

Thanks for the fast replies guy's. I have a call into Cigarmony to see if they will do the engraving. If they do not, where to you go to have that done?
A jewler or a trophy shop.

Doc.

Wow, that's pretty serious. If I spent $250 on a lighter I think I would kill myself. Maybe I'm just ignorant....my $15 Firebird (Blazer micro torch immitation) has been great to me...

Just placed my order with Cigarmony! Thank you everyone!

I have never had "God of Fire" cigar. Are they any good?

My go to daily smoke's are Monte Cristo #2 how do they compare?

Just placed my order with Cigarmony! Thank you everyone!

I have never had "God of Fire" cigar. Are they any good?

My go to daily smoke's are Monte Cristo #2 how do they compare?

A very, very different smoke. First of all, there are two different GOF blends, one by Carlos, and one by Carlito. ALso, they are available in different vitolas, as opposed to the #2, which is, well, a #2. THe GOF is a wonderful cigar, though, in all of its forms.
A M#2, when ON, especially with some age, especially especially when from a good year, is a thing of beauty, and there is a reason that it is the most smoked cigar in the world (if memory serves). A M#2 with LOTS of age is simply stunning. A young #2, especially in some of the iffy years, prone to long sicks AND construction problems, obviously leave something to be desired.

Both are wonderful cigars in their own rights, and both deserve some space in your humidors.

Hi everyone,

TIA!

Many people recommended the extend. I would like to suggest the Corona "Double Corona" lighter. Nice heft and very classy looking. IMO the only thing above that would be a dupont which I think is out of your set price range.

Just my .02

Good Luck.

Just in case anyone was wondering what the final product looked like:

lighter.jpg

Thank you everyone for your expert advise.