• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

Dear_science_album_cover.jpg

Imagine that the Dead Kennedy's were women and they played in a Bosa Nova style. You don't have to imagine at all...it exists. Somebody sent me a copy of Nouvelle Vague - Best Of and it is strangely interesting including this:

I’m working my ass off to finish a new auditorium and the AV guys just got the speakers and intercoms connected so we played 70’s Southern Rock through every speaker in the building all day!

Neil Young's Chrome Dreams album was supposed to come out in 1977 between Long May You Run and American Stars 'N Bars. An actual studio Acetate pressing was bootlegged (Confirmed by a few sources) and has been in circulation for 40 years now. Originally 12 songs clocking in at about 50 minutes it has grown over time to include some additional tracks from the same era and depending on which bootleg you get, some live songs too.

Currently there are 3 main bootlegs available. The Black Label version, the White Label version and one called the Rust Edition. Culling out all the duplicates between the three albums results in a 25 song 1:47:42 long Super edition. If you had to just get one the White Label version would be the one I'd get as it presents the album in the correct order and the 3 additional live songs are a good match to the rest of the record. Any one of the three will satisfy a Neil Young fan though.

If I said "Some niggers ain't made for this shit" I'd probably have to shoot my way out of the club but for a white rapper it doesn't count.:mad:

It's June 21st 1968, having quit the Yardbirds and after only 4 years already having a reputation as one of the most innovative guitarists around you have put together one of the finest groups of the day with Rod Stewart on vocals and Ron Wood on bass. and Aynsley Dunbar on the skins. It is your first American tour and you are booked for 3 shows at the Scene in NYC. Late in the evening one of the people you sat in with in the UK comes by to jam with you but he forgot his guitar, What do you do?

If you are Jeff Beck you give up your custom Strat to Jimi Hendrix, take Ronnie Wood's Bass and have him play rhythm. and JAM.

Listening to Truth
41gMRSNjukL._SX355_.jpg

Last edited:
It is the night of August 26th 1992 and producer Joel Gallen has his finger nervously above the button that will switch the show to a tape copy of the rehearsal. Like many groups before them the band onstage has promised not to play one song but when the first notes come across the PA it seems
that they are not going to keep that promise. Joel has been told as soon as he hears the key word to press the button. 20 seconds of intro go by and the band switches to the song they agreed to play. Lithium fills the air of the 1992 VMA's instead of Rape Me and Nirvana is on its way to icon status.

IMHO the 1992 VMA's were the best of all of them. The list of performers and presenters is a who's who of that era
Pearl Jam, Def Leppard, Eric Clapton, U2, The Black Crowes, Guns N Roses, Van Halen, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica, Ice-T, Michael Jackson, Bobby Brown, Mick Jagger, Elton John, Queen, Ringo and more.

Listening to:
Products982417-371x350-894066388.jpg

Last edited:
Doin' the blues continuation thing today. First up Hound Dog Taylor
41pvsNOTdmL._SY355_.jpg

After Hound Dog Taylor dies in 1975 J.B. Hutto took over his band

After all these years I still can't say what a Pet Cream Man is.

Last edited:
I was feeling nostalgic. This is in my Toyota's CD player:

Don't judge me. We all have our guilty little pleasures. ?

~Boar

Reactions: AVB
The Goo Goo Dolls started as a punk band back in 1986 and continued on that track until 1993. While and after recording their 5th album - A Boy Named Goo, they toured relentlessly and started getting airplay on alternative radio. Johnny Rzeznik was the perfect front man for radio friendly songs having the looks and chops to be a poster boy, his partner in music Robby Takac retained the punk edge that the group started with. For years there was a 3 - 5 song segment in every concert devoted to their early sound with Robby singing lead as he did on their first two albums. All this changed when the Single "Name" started up and stayed up on the charts making A Boy Named Goo one of the very first double platinum indie albums. That was followed up by "Dizzy Up the Girl" with Iris. Iris was #1 for 4 weeks straight, was on the Hot 100 for 18 weeks and spent almost a year on the charts in total .This helped bring the album up to triple platinum status along with 3 other top 10 singles.

But this album isn't about any of that. While certainly indie friendly it still has that punk edge rolling underneath most of the songs and shows a high level of songwriting geared to the audience they have. If you lived through the time period of 1995-2005 and were an alt radio fan you should like this record even if you don't know any of the songs.

Goo_Goo_Dolls_GH_Vol_2.jpg