• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

And speaking of Black women who played a long time ago:
R-4324392-1363364770-6913.jpeg.jpg

She was a star Blues and Jazz singer from 1920 to 1950. She worked the next 20yrs as a Nurse. Retired, and resurrected her carreer until her death in 1984. She was 89. Thanks for the nudge, Ray. It's been a while since I've played this album.

Doc

Last edited:
I'll keep it rolling...

Had the pleasure to see her when I was 12 y/o. Sat front row for her Broadway show.
She picked me out and talked to me from the stage. She talked about traveling the country by train...way back when...and touring.

Dad and I had a fantastic night (pretty sure we hit Carnegie Deli before the show... *sigh...miss pops.
Anyhow - he's a big part of my 'music'....he always had some on!

Kenny Rankin. All by local buddies hate him. He's part of my Desert Album collection:

Last edited:
Eagles - On The Border

Rip from a quad tape to DTS-HD Master 4.0.

01-315563.jpg

Released this week, I'm sure there's a story here somewhere. A so-so recording. Probably of interest to completests, but hell it's Dylan. It's also nice to have Bob and Willie doing "Pancho and Lefty".

Doc

A lot of James Taylor and Cat Stevens today. Been listening to them since day one, and they still remain my favorites. Add Jethro Tull for favorite Rock Band.

Went a few years back:

The Chemical Brothers - Surrender
Propellerheads - Decksanddrumsandrockandroll

I forgot all about Propellerheads. I'll have to dig that out. Yesterday was a Modest Mouse day. But not the s**t they've put out in the last several years, the good stuff. This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About, The Lonesome Crowded West, The Moon & Antarctica. Adding Johnny Marr should have really added to band, but instead it just makes the music seem contrived.

I got to thinking about that fella that wrote "Poncho and Lefty".
803415883523._.1000_-354x350.jpg

So I'm playing this.

Doc

I've always enjoyed Ottmar Liebert's "Nouveau Flamenco" Album. Saw him live in Jacksonville.
As good as everybody played, I'd give the nod to the percussionist for stealing the show.