• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

sure, jb was great. i stumbled on this kid last night and got a laugh out of it so i posted it.

[Cliff Burton has entered the chat]
Whilr I can't argue about his ability he didn't have 5 decades to back it up. Also, the difference is in the outlook. Jack really though he was the lead instrument eequal to any guitar player. And while I have all original copies of the 3 Metallica albums Cliff played on there is probably some generational bias on my part to some extent.

Whilr I can't argue about his ability he didn't have 5 decades to back it up. Also, the difference is in the outlook. Jack really though he was the lead instrument eequal to any guitar player. And while I have all original copies of the 3 Metallica albums Cliff played on there is probably some generational bias on my part to some extent.
Ok, I'll concede. You make some very compelling points.

Reactions: djm
the idea of generational bias crossed my mind as well, but really wasn't trying to start a bass off <tho that could be fun> . based on shows you've seen <avb> i'd say you have about a 10 year headstart on me. so far everything has fallen into the rock/blues/metal genres, so there's a lot more talent not being looked at/listened to. there are many great ones. keep your eyes open for new talent 'cuz they're out there. (do either of you play?)

any plans to resume playing?
I still dabble from time to time. The band I played with collectively moved to PA and I (thankfully) elected to stay behind.

I used to live above a music shop, Del Langejans was my land lord. You’ll have to look up some of his guitars if you haven’t heard of him, the man was a brilliant luthier. Once I moved out of that apartment I was very removed from music. I reached a point where I was no longer progressing, so I put it on the back burner. Perhaps with some steel wool, new strings and some lizard spit I could draw some life out my old Seagull.

the idea of generational bias crossed my mind as well, but really wasn't trying to start a bass off <tho that could be fun> . based on shows you've seen <avb> i'd say you have about a 10 year headstart on me. so far everything has fallen into the rock/blues/metal genres, so there's a lot more talent not being looked at/listened to. there are many great ones. keep your eyes open for new talent 'cuz they're out there. (do either of you play?)
I have more guitars than talent. Unfortunately, I haven't even cracked a case in way too long. I was just thinking how sad it is the other day when I was on the treadmill (which is in the room with all my guitar stuff), that I haven't even powered on my main tube amp in about four years, and the Marshall VM 100w head in closer to ten years. :(

I have more guitars than talent. Unfortunately, I haven't even cracked a case in way too long. I was just thinking how sad it is the other day when I was on the treadmill (which is in the room with all my guitar stuff), that I haven't even powered on my main tube amp in about four years, and the Marshall VM 100w head in closer to ten years. :(

i'm pretty much in the same boat. did the bar band thing for several years. accumulated a basement full of gear to the point where i had a functional working studio down there. the band eventually went their own ways and then a failed sump pump during a deluge caused a flood that trashed most of my speaker cabinets. luckily the instruments were not down there. after that i developed a mild case of dupuytren's contracture in my left hand which doesn't prevent me from playing but it makes flexing my fingers a little more difficult. but, i've been trying to mess around playing a bit lately. i still have an acoustic 5 string bass and an acoustic 12 string so i won't have to make the neighborhood dogs howl by plugging in. ha.