• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Octoberfest Beer?

pak1351

If I've never tried an Octoberfest beer and cannot buy singles, what brand would you recommend to buy by the case?

I'm an east coaster

Do Pumpkin Ales count? If so, I have been digging the hell out of the Shipyard Pumpkinhead. A big blast of cinnamony goodness in every mouthful.

Sam Adams, Spaten, Hofbrau, etc. Really, any oktoberfest/marzen style beer is gonna be good, at least for my tastes.

Do Pumpkin Ales count? If so, I have been digging the hell out of the Shipyard Pumpkinhead. A big blast of cinnamony goodness in every mouthful.

I for one like the pumpkin ales. :thumbs:

I never tried one, but your post made me curious, so I got the Sam Adam's Fall sampler. I like the Octoberfest, the pumpkin is in the freezer and should be ready to drink by the kickoff of the Arkansas-'Bama game

Try the Punk'n Ale from Dogfish Head. Awesome fall/Oktoberfest beer.

Go German, Spaten, Paulaner, etc. There's no comparison IMHO. If you see the Paulaner Wiesn with the liter krug, go for it. Cool glass and a great beer.

Sam Adams, Spaten, Hofbrau, etc. Really, any oktoberfest/marzen style beer is gonna be good, at least for my tastes.

x2... IMO Sam Adams Octoberfest is the best of their offerings, but Spaten and Hofbrau are just so fantastically authentic. Plus Hofbrau gets additional points for the blond hotttie in the durndle on the side of the package.

I like the Sam Adams Oktoberfest brew however having been to Oktoberfest in Munich you have to go with either a Spaten, Paulaner or one of my favorite tents Hacker-Pschorr which are very good in a bottle as well.

Try the Punk'n Ale from Dogfish Head. Awesome fall/Oktoberfest beer.

I really like this beer. The pumpkin pie type spicing is complimentary, and very refreshing.
I always keep some in the fridge.

Got a case of Spaten Oktobertfest this weekend. Very nice as well, I think I prefer to to the Sam Adams. I'll try to find some Dogfish Punk'n this week. Hard to go wrong with a Dogfish brew

........ I'll try to find some Dogfish Punk'n this week. Hard to go wrong with a Dogfish brew

That would be my opinion as well. Everything they make has it's own unique character, and I like most of them.

........ I'll try to find some Dogfish Punk'n this week. Hard to go wrong with a Dogfish brew

That would be my opinion as well. Everything they make has it's own unique character, and I like most of them.
I went out to eat with some friends a couple weeks ago and they were out of my favorite Dogfish, Raison d' etre, so I got the Pumpkin Ale instead. Fantastic!

BTW, if you're ever in Newark check out Timothy's. They not only have a good selection on tap, they have a deck facing the creek that's cigar friendly. ;)

For Octoberfest Beers I like Spaten, Sam Adams, and Brooklyn Brewery. For Pumpkin Ales I like Weyermacher and Dogfish Head. Another good fall seasonal brew is the Sierra Nevada Tumbler Autumn Ale.