• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

what Padron is this?

blair

padron.JPG

I don't see it on Padron's website.

Actually some digging on 'net suggests its a Padron Fumas. Can't tell you anything else about it except its appearently no longer made. I bet someone knows more..

Ah.. I figured out what it is. It was custom made by Padron for JFK on his innaguration. One recently sold at auction for $15,000. Too bad you smoked it.

:sign: :sign: :sneaky:

other1 said:
...its a Padron Fumas. Can't tell you anything else about it except its appearently no longer made.
Can't see Blair's picture but if it has a pigtail it is indeed the Padron Fumas. The Padron Fumas is a short filler cigar that is sold only in Little Havana. It is Padron's way of making sure that their original customers, the Cuban old men of Little Havana, can get their daily smoke. According to the article i read they are not to be sold anywhere else, and the local markets and cafeterias that get them are asked not to sell bundles to people. Of course, some do. In fact, when we had our Little Havan herf, a couple of CPers bought bundles in one of the restaurants.

Its a cheap smoke, about 75 cents. When Gator and I asked Rudy Padron he said they were made from the "scraps" of the rest of the Padrons. Meaning there's PAM and 1926 scraps in there along with scraps from the regular line. They use their third grade wrapper on these cigars. This is absolutely the best cheap smoke I've ever had. Great Taste! Obviously not a premium, but when you consider the price, not too shabby. Hell I gave one to a buddy the other day and he preferred this one to a Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur I.

Huh. A cigar made from Padron scraps for 75c/stick sounds like an awesome deal.. Who wants to buy a bundle and start the box pass? :D

I have a bundle that I put into a cedar box. A little young straight out the box. I had one last weem and they are coming into their own now. I figure in a another 2 months they will be really good. So 6 months is about average for most bundled cigars to be truely smokeable. I may have to send Scott some money to pick me up another box of these. :p

Emo