• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What percent are fakes?

What percent of cigars presented as Cuban are fake?

• Over 90%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 80-90%

• 70-80%

• 60-70%

• 50-60%

• 40-50%

• 20-40%

• under 20%

• Total voters
lucasbuck said:
He's suggesting Puros. PAM's are all Nicaraguan tobacco regardless of where they're rolled.
Well, yeah, that's what a puro is, all the same tobacco.

Interesting on the rolling in Honduras. I asked one of the clerks at the store here a while back what was the deal with "hecho en Honduras" and he just kinda shrugged. I did not notice a taste difference. The store owner, on the other hand, later said on his last visit to Estelí that they were having capacity problems on rolling, and that's why the Annis were slow in getting out.

Looks like from what you are telling me, and what the store owner said, that they are rolling in both locations with the Nicaraguan leaf to try and clear the production bottlenecks. I have also been told that they have a new larger facilty in Estelí, and that perhaps the move slowed down production.

4A

Padrons have always been rolled in either Honduras or Nicaragua. They use the same leaf and blends, just rolled in different places. If I remember right, and I could be all wet on this, the Anniversary cigars were all rolled in Nicaragua when they first came out, but I did read somewhere that they were now rolling them in both locations to help with increasing production. The regular line however was made at both locations and then labeled as such. I can remember getting 5 boxes of each size in for a shipment and half would be from Nic. and half from Hon. They all tasted the same though.

Matt,

Yes, I have seen fakes in Moscow but at the time they were close in price to what a real would be in London, i.e. too much. I really don't think that they were actually made in Russia but maybe just banded there. JMHO.

My first trip of 4 was '97 and might go back again to St. Pete next year. Probably bring my own cigars just like I did before :)

i have bought 2 boxes of fakes from online vendors one i sent back as i knew better,but the first i didnt realize at the time....these were i believe of cuban origan most likely a farm cigar not bad but not the real deal. i would say many vendors sell fakes and almost any guy on the street or someone that knows someone that can get cubans is selling fakes also alot of tourist shops. the percentage of fakes ive seen is quite small however world wide there must be at least as many fakes as real cubans so my guess is 50%..worldwide.

buyer beware, if its too good to be true it most likely is.
buy only from reputible lcdh....or waste your money.