• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What recent production has blown your mind?

Lant

So I'm new here but I'd like to start this topic.  What recent production have you had that was a lot better than you expected it to be, or a cigar that you smoke often that has only gotten better.  Box codes would be appreciated (; For me I have a box of MAR 12 party shorts that finish with honey, and a box of MAR 12 BBF that are outstanding as well.  Looking forward to your guys' responses.

All '12 boxes have been superb across the board.

To me, recent production means '06, '07 and '08. Don't laugh. Take your time and stick with the hobby and before you know it, you won't smoke anything Cuban with less than 10 years of age on it unless you are tracking the cigars progress.

I think the young PSD4 are smoking ok...

I see a lot of variation in quality throughout all of 2012 across all brands...

Recommend.

Bolivar Royal Corona, Cohiba Lanceros, Siglo 1 & 2, HdM du Prince, Diplomaticos # 2 and Monte # 2 and Especial # 2.

Not recommended.

Trinidad, LGC, RG, Partagas (exception/Lusitania), RA, (exception/Gigantes).

I disagree. LGC Inmenso, all Partagas, and RASS have been phenomenal. This is just my opinion, obviously.

mk05 said:
I disagree. LGC Inmenso, all Partagas, and RASS have been phenomenal. This is just my opinion, obviously.

If you don't know what a Partagas should taste like when it is fresh, one should be skeptical of your opinion.

Your posts on CF.

(5/8/13) Smoking a Partagas Short '12. Thin and uninspiring so far. Can't wait for these to surprise me in a decade."

(5/9/13) "I have to admit that these are the only Shorts I've bought post '97 cab, so very limited in my knowledge and experience of what
               these should taste fresh. Are these supposed to be rich and sugary in youth? The ones recently have been underwhelmingly thin,
               or tasted like chewy manure. I just figured they turned around in time.

As for the decade comment, it's because I thought these need a long time."

You make a very interesting observation with what something "should taste like" young. If you are basing off the fresh stock of pre-98, I'd say the change of tobacco makes this comparison difficult to make. If you were basing off post '03 stock, all I can say is that the recent '12s smoke miles better than those do now.

Furthermore, the question here is regarding what smokes great now. So to that effect, yes the recent stock tastes very good.

It really isn't that interesting an observation. An experienced cigar smoker would know the differences between the years.

You stated that all '12 boxes have been superb across the board and that is just not true. Unfortunately many are sub par and not worth the investment.

However, there are some that are above average and are indeed very fine cigars.

Hey noob, do you have any idea who the fuck you're arguing with? Do some research before you put your other foot in your mouth.

Doc

Hey noob, do you have any idea who the fuck you're arguing with? Do some research before you put your other foot in your mouth.

Doc
He is a disciple of the oracle, he knows his cigars! Tongue way in check.