• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

what should i hit next?

I would try more of the Oliva lines like the V and the G. Can't really be beat pricewise. Padron is a pretty good bet but expect some really earthy nicaraguan tobacco flavors. Personally I think Padron does it better than the Cubans do but that's just me. :thumbs:

From your title, I was going to tell you to hit the SHIFT key but your post was proper so it's all good. :cool:

First, I second the newbie sampler.

Second, I second the Padron 2000N & M.

Third, I recommend the San Cristobal; they are great and easy to come by.

I'm having quite a bit of trouble finding Padron sticks. I've already been to a couple B&M's looking for them and have had no luck.

I am definitely game for a newb sampler, but I currently do not have a humidor. As soon as I get one, one of those samplers will be my first purchase.

Follow the advice, get the Padrons. Also Fuente Hemingways, Ashton Classics, and some Rockys.

Maybe you want to get a few sticks from different regions and see what kind you like smoking the best, or at least get a few more ideas.

I'm having quite a bit of trouble finding Padron sticks. I've already been to a couple B&M's looking for them and have had no luck.

I am definitely game for a newb sampler, but I currently do not have a humidor. As soon as I get one, one of those samplers will be my first purchase.

An easy way to find the Padrons would be to visit the websites of any of the vendors that advertise here. I'm sure any of them could help you find exactly what you are looking for, and probably recommend some other sticks that you would probably enjoy. And I agree with the recommendation of the newbie sampler.

H Upmann Vintage Cameroon

Oliva Series G natural

Padron 2000 or 3000 maduro then natural

La Flor Dominicana Oscuro Natural

these are in no particular order but all very nice cigars.

I finally found a 2000 and loved it. I also picked up a Punch Rare Corojo and really enjoyed it too. I have yet to understand how to verbalize what I like in a cigar, but this how I would rate my smokes. Maybe somebody could use this to tell me what types of cigars I should be looking at in the future.

1. Padron 2000 Maduro
2. Oliva Serie O/ 3.Punch Rare Corojo
4. Fuente 858
5. RyJ

While you may not know how to verbalize what you like, you understand the characteristics you like in your sticks. I would recommend that you read through the review section on here, looking for those same characteristics. Also talk to the guys at your local cigar shop, and tell them what cigars you have enjoyed, they should be able to recommend similar cigars.

Lastly, it's been said several times, but let me offer it up again, the newbie trade sampler. IF you choose to participate you are going to most likely get a wide range of cigars to smoke, and you will find ones you like that you didn't know you liked. When you sign up for the newbie sampler, most likely you will be asked what cigars you have liked so far, and they will try to match up what they send you with what you already like. It also gives you the chance to match up with an experienced member here, that probably wouldn't mind you bouncing some questions off of them to get to know this great hobby better.

I also have to vote for the newbie sampler thread. I was hooked up with "theorangeman" and nick put together a killer package for me! the only problem is that it opens you up to sooo many new great smokes!! I am new to the site and to cigars and there is so much to learn but these are the guys to do it from!

I would sign up for it....get hooked up with a BOTL and let them know what you have tried as well as what you like and dislike....get a deal together and away you go!

good luck!

Back