• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What smoking music are you listening to? (2024)

Now that the excitement is over, some trivia you may not know.

Slash co-wrote and played guitar on this song.

As the Self-Proclaimed World's Biggest Guns N Roses Fan™, that's one I've listened to for a long time. Slash has played with Lenny quite a few times, and whether you call it a love of all music or a love of all money, Slash has guested and/or written with so many different artists of all genres that it's hard to keep track of! One of my personal oddball favorites, because I used to watch the show with my daughter around the time he did this:

As the Self-Proclaimed World's Biggest Guns N Roses Fan™, that's one I've listened to for a long time. Slash has played with Lenny quite a few times, and whether you call it a love of all music or a love of all money, Slash has guested and/or written with so many different artists of all genres that it's hard to keep track of! One of my personal oddball favorites, because I used to watch the show with my daughter around the time he did this:

I always liked the Southpark episode about Slash

TFT One New, One Old, from my all-time favorite Alternative-Rock band.. Side story Dave Abbruzzese came over to my grandma's house a couple times, when he was in high school to play on my uncles set, when I say my uncle, moms half brother, we really grew up as brothers because there was only an 8 year difference between us. Anyways, I just remember a lot of heavy metal being played and the drums getting fucking hammered, really fucking hard...

Dave on drums and wrote the music for "Go"

Here is one for the #1 GnR fan @kann,
The original cover for Appetite For Destruction was refused release by the record company and so we ended up with the cover we all know with the cross and skulls. This is what it was:
Guns-N-Roses Album Cover.jpg
Available only in Japan.

The original cover for Appetite For Destruction was refused release by the record company and so we ended up with the cover we all know with the cross and skulls. This is what it was:
View attachment 80760
Available only in Japan.

Robert Williams is the artist.

Great Slash cameo along with a whole host of others.

View attachment 80760
Available only in Japan.

There might not be a more recognizable intro to an album ever... Maybe VH 1984 album... I can name that tune in one note Tom... :p

View attachment 80760
Available only in Japan.

Yes, sir. The "rape scene" ended up on the inside of the foldout on the cassettes and CD releases. I think that having Geffen balk at the original artwork was probably a blessing in disguise for GNR, as the simple cross and skulls has become truly iconic, and that simple bit of cover art marketing no doubt helped sell albums -- it fit the music "inside" perfectly. Another fun fact, the Japanese cover art for the single for "Estranged" was a photograph of a naked woman on a bed of flowers (IIRC). It was somewhat more artistic than the original Appetite illustration above. I bought that when I was on Guam, but have absolutely no idea what happened to it over the decades.
It might be generational but this gets my vote.

I don't know if they still do, but the UFC used to play an intro video set to this song inside the arena before the live PPV broadcast started. Holy hell, it literally gave me goosebumps coming through the arena PA and set against the hype up video.