• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What smoking music are you listening to? (2024)

Here's another one I wrote @kann since it's two for Tuesday... A little different vibe with a piano ballad and some bad editing... I mean every rocker has his soft side...
TIME OUT!!! What the heck, this is AARON LUSK!!?? Damn, brother, this is impressive! Three years on the vherf and I never knew you were a poet and a musician! Just WOW! I listened to it twice already.

TIME OUT!!! What the heck, this is AARON LUSK!!?? Damn, brother, this is impressive! Three years on the vherf and I never knew you were a poet and a musician! Just WOW! I listened to it twice already.
Thanks brother! I have tons of poems and songs... Most of my stuff is in notebooks and zip drives, but I did have this one available, so you can check out. Keep in mind this was a demo that was unfinished, that's why there is long music breaks, where I intended on repeating bridges, chorus, ect. But anyway...
ETA: found the more finished demo

Last edited:
I love the variety on this thread.
So back in about 1996, a buddy and I would spend time up at one of the local bars/pool halls playing 9 ball. I was lousy, but enjoyed the game. If one of us won early we might be able to get another 9 ball game, but many times they ended up being 6 ball games. So we spent our fair share at the juke box as well and these two songs were about the longest we could find that were in our wheelhouse. Enjoy, f n crank it. They bring back some great memories for me.

Its the middle of December 1977 and I'm at a one month long training update on the FLUR Radar system at NAS Oceana Va. The first half ends on the 16th and the second half doesn't start until Jan 3rd. I already know that as a senior NCO I'll be pulling barracks NCO duty (12 on, 12 off) for a week starting that Monday. So I make a deal with the other poor slob to do a double and I'll do the same on Xmas for him.

All this effort so I can go see The Sex Pistols on SNL on Dec 17th thanks to my father the now NBC exec. Things did not go exactly as planned. It turns out that The Pistols manager Malcolm McLaren had filed for the visas late and they couldn't get into the country. There was however a British new wave artist who had just dropped his first record in New York for a show as part of his first tour. Meetings were quickly made and songs approved With Love Minus Zero being the opener. That lasted about 30 seconds when Elvis Costello had the band stop and launch into Radio Radio - a song he was told not to play resulted in one of the iconic moments in SNL history. Of course playing a song about how corporate radio is bad on the floor below WNBC got Elvis banned until 1989.

If you look real close the drummer is wearing a tshirt that says "Thanks Malc"

To continue from last might. Elvis said he got the inspiration from Jimi Hendrix in 1969. Jimi was also banned from BBC 1 mostly because he wouln't stop plating and made the live 6pm news show 2 minutes late.yhis link is straight from the BBC. Almost 9 minutes of rock history.

click on the picture when it comes up