• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What type of cutter and why?

gkpk

Hi guys
Just something i've been wondering.
I've been using a guillotine cutter for all my cigars.
Are you supposed to use a different cutter with different cigars or is it just personal preference?

personal preference. I prefer the guillotine for most of my smokes but will punch one occasionally.

hmmm, gen use guillotine cutter.

have used a V-cut before, was kinda nice, a change, would consider this for churchill sized ones.

have yet to try the punch cutter

I use all 3 being a newbie I usually use my punch 1st if I dont like the draw I go to my guilitine cutter and re cut it, If the draw is good but I want a little more flavor I go to the V cut or if it is a large ring cigar and I want to take my time and enjoy the smoke I might also use the V cut.
Basically it comes down to Im a $%&#^* newbie so what ever looks the coolest at the time is what I use lol now I just gotta get me a pair of cigar scissors lol

PUNCH most of the time

GUILLOTINE on torps

New SCISSORS have not learned to use yet

GUILLOTINE on smaller cigars and torps, less then 45 gage or so.
PUNCH on larger, sometimes 2 punches if I want a better draw.

I use a punch, mainly because of convenience and consistancy. I have a rather decent one on my key chain, and it's nice just for the simplification. The only reason I have a guillotine is for torps, but if I had a long enough punch, I wouldn't even own one. :D

I use a punch almost all of the time because I [like wildcard] have a nice on my keychain. If the punch doesn't give enough draw [or it's a torp], I'll grab the double blade and use that. I've never used a v cutter, but I'm not against them or anything.

Punch whenever possible even on small ring gauge cigars.

guillotine when it's a figurado

V-cutter for Ss and Gs when one is available

Always a personal preference here and it varies not only from cigar to cigar, but from time to time.

Right now I am using my SAK almost exclusively. I also like my punch, my Xikar and my V-cutter though. Like I said, just depends on the moment.

Sam

usually a punch on my keychain.

finally bought a V-cutter and I love it. Believe it or not, I find it great for torps too.

I like to taste the tobacco with my tounge. It seems to enhance the flavor of the smoke. Therefore I use a guillotine most of the time.

I use my Xikar 99% of the time... I like the full draw :)

Whats a SAK?

SAK is short for Swiss Army Knife.
There is one with a cigar cutter attached to it.