• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What ventilation do you use?

Smokin'Sims

Gettin' my nerd on, Hopp Schwiez!
We are getting a shed mostly to store the lawn mower, but my wife has also agreed to let this be a man cave for me. It is only a 10x10 little building, but I'd like to put a small ventilation system in it so it won't smell of old smoke. I searched a little bit but everything seemed old. Are there any recent advance in blowing air around and what are you guys with "caves" using?

I just open my fly when it gets too hot and steamy.

I sometimes ask insight to stop by and breath really fast...in out in out in out....while standing by the door. ???

Other than that, a vent fan does the trick...that and just plain cross ventilation! :thumbs:

I sometimes ask insight to stop by and breath really fast...in out in out in out....while standing by the door. ???

Other than that, a vent fan does the trick...that and just plain cross ventilation! :thumbs:

Exactly. It won't make a difference how strong the exhaust fan is if there isn't a source to replenish the "exhausted" air.

We use one of these in our bedroom. They can be set so that one fan pulls in, one pushes air out. I'd think it'd work dandy to clear a room the size of yours of smoke....
thumbs-up.gif

Yep.

I just use a window vent fan like BBS in my home 'puter room/mancave/office. I have a ceiling fan in here as well, and make sure the A/C is running for fresh air inlet. Works pretty good.

Also, I do uncap a scented jar candle when I'm not smoking in here, and am thinking about adding an ionic unit, but by and large, only my study smells like cigars. The rest of the house is unaffected.

~Boar

I would just open the door and/or window. ???

:laugh:

Key is to remove the ashes/ends of the cigars after you are done. I smoke in my houses and no remnants of smoke if you have any kind of ventilation even an open window accompanied by removing the ashes afterwards. I have a Lampe Berger that I use every now and then but for the most part, get rid of the ash. G1

I generaly smoke in the garage with a good fan pushing the air flow through. I also have a bucket with 3-4 inches of oil dry in it. After smoking I place the butt in the oil dry which eliminates any stall cigar smell. I remove the old butts and put them in the outside garbage every week or so and reuse the oil dry.

Would also think, if you are going to have chairs try and stay away from heavy fabric or cloth. The smoke might settle into the fabric and keep the smell lingering, probably the other reason why you see leather chairs in so many smoke lounges.

Does this "shed" even have windows?

This shed has no windows; however, I do have new Dremel Trio and windows from an old door to put in. What I was thinking is a bathroom type fan mounted in the ceiling. It may cost a bit more but would the window that are going in are kind of small.

I'd put a little A/C unit in the wall, and then an exhaust fan, or if you want to go cheaper, one of those window fans. Then see about running a cable line out there :thumbs:.