• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What was the 1st Recorded music you bought?

Led Zeppelin III - I was very impressed at the time. I thought it was cool when my kids got into them when they were teens.

Detroit Rock City/Beth on 45 and I think either Convoy by CW McCall or Disco Duck by Rick Dees.

You buy music?
Besides the fact that free music has had the life taken out of it with compressed dynamics, it's stealing.

Doc.

I knew Doc was a man of impeccable taste. I have a turntable system that is often made fun of by young folks. And I'll tell you that the worst offenders have been Electrical Engineers. (I work in Engineering). They laughed at my vinyl, guffawed at my tubed electronics. Told me I was confused. So, I told them to stfu, sit down and listen. As they sat there drooling, I had no choice but to let them know how ignorant it is to make judgements with absolutely no frame of reference.

You buy music?
Besides the fact that free music has had the life taken out of it with compressed dynamics, it's stealing.

Doc.

I knew Doc was a man of impeccable taste. I have a turntable system that is often made fun of by young folks. And I'll tell you that the worst offenders have been Electrical Engineers. (I work in Engineering). They laughed at my vinyl, guffawed at my tubed electronics. Told me I was confused. So, I told them to stfu, sit down and listen. As they sat there drooling, I had no choice but to let them know how ignorant it is to make judgements with absolutely no frame of reference.

Did you tell them to get off your lawn when the record was done? :laugh:

You buy music?

Doc.

Did you tell them to get off your lawn when the record was done? :laugh:

No, I sprayed them with the water hose! :p

Turn in your
Detroit Rock City/Beth on 45 and I think either Convoy by CW McCall or Disco Duck by Rick Dees.

Disco Duck? :0

Turn in your Man Card!

At least it wasn't Get Dancin' by Disco Tex and the Sex-O-Lettes. :laugh:

A four channel Elvis Presley "Live Satellite" record. I must have played it a thousand times.

LPs were KISS Destroyer and Rock and Roll Over, purchased at the same time. I remember being fascinated by the cover of Rock and Roll Over...

First LPs were also bought at the same time.

AC/DC Back in Black and Kiss Destroyer.

My first 45 was "Convoy"

"cab-over Pete with a reefer on" :sign:

My first CD was Jethro Tull Bursting Out Live to replace my old worn-out LPs.

If I'm not mistaken, I think "Who's Next" by The Who was the first music I ever bought. Followed shortly after by "Aqualung" by Jethro Tull. 1971 was the year.....and a good year it was.

You buy music?

Doc.

As an EE myself, I hear both sides of the argument, but I can't deny what my ears tell me. Before I was an EE, I trusted my ears and made a decent living with it. I sold high end home audio for about ten years before I went back to engineering school. At one time, my system was McIntosh, Thorens, ReVox, and A/D/S. Still have much collectible vinyl in boxes in the closet. I have to get the treasure cataloged, at some point. I got to work in Hollywood in what was certanly the golden age of analog recording. You just cannot believe what a Neuman U86 microphone through an expensive mike pre-amp, recorded onto a Studer A800 pulling 2" of Scotch 250 tape at 30 ips sounds like..... :love:

The day I left Hollywood to return to the Pacific Northwest, honest truth, I got a call from a buddy that told me that Mitsubishi had a demo going on at one of the major studios of some crazy thing called a digital audio recorder. I didn't go.... :laugh:

My evolution of music....

First record was the single soundtrack from the Greates American Hero....Hell yeah!
201795.jpg

First Tape was:
LL_Cool_J_-_Bad-Vinyl.jpg

First CD Zeppelin boxed set:
cover_86191182009.jpg

I can't remember what the first 45' that I bought, but some of the them that I remember are Three Dog Night/Never Been to Spain, Black Sabbath/Iron Man, Grass Roots/Two Divided By Love, Cher/Half Breed (I probably shouldn't be admitting that). I bought my first two albums at the same time - Deep Purple/Made in Japan and Led Zeppelin/!V. The first CD was Dire Straits/Money For Nothing. I think at the time there were only a handful of CDs available.