• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What was the best cigar you ever smoked?

beyond the band

cantankerous newb
I got this idea from the food network (The best thing I ever ate)
So go ahead tell about the best cigar you ever smoked. Maybe it wasn't the rarest pre embargo Cuban, maybe it was a yard gar while watching one of your kids play. Maybe it's the one you were gifted at your first herf. Doesn't matter. It's about the best cigar you ever had.

I'll start.
I think the best cigar I ever smoked was my first WOAM sent to me in a bomb by Swissy. I smoked it as Souldog and 42 and I diffused the ultimate cigar bomb by AVB to end the newbie FOG war of 07.
This was unlike anything I had ever had before. I nubbed that thing with a toothpick.
I was waist deep in this war. I had 2 BOTLS there and we were having a blast.
I will never forget that cigar. EVER!

The best cigar I've ever had was in spring of 2009, when I smoked an Excalibur 1066 Selection No. 1 with a folded toe from 2001. Something about the 8 years of age on that Cameroon wrapper made it a magical experience. I've been chasing after it ever since. A completely different experience from regular production 1066's, trust me.

I've had so many great cigars, I don't think I could pick a favorite. One of my favorites is the Ashton VSG Illusion. I remember it because we were at my friend's vacation home with a bottle of scotch, relaxing looking at the lake.

My favorite cigar was the one I smoked with you Matt... Awwwww!!! :p

Seriously though, it was the BBMF I smoked with Josh (Napa_smokes) on Thanksgiving in 08'. It was an awesome weekend, and we had some great champagne and smoked them in celebration of Infinity's life. I will never forget the cold air, sitting out there on the front porch of Josh's house, just hanging out with one of the best BOTLs I know, joking around, taking stupid photos, and just generally enjoying life. It was a great memory, and one I'd like to replicate again someday.

Too bad I can't find the thread anymore since the forum upgrade.

For me it was a Tatuaje J21 Reserva. Me and my girlfriend along with her family went up north, and were having a great time drinking and enjoy the fire by the lake.

An H.Upmann Mag 50, one of the regular release ones, at Buena Vista Cigar Club in Beverly Hills. It was just so damn tasty I never wanted it to end...it was the perfect combination of all things cigar. Burned perfect, super rich complex flavors, Dark oily wrapper. Combine that with an awesome place to smoke, and you got one hell of a cigar to remember.

My first GOF Carlito Double Robusto tubo. Magnificent, start to finish.

There's been some mighty close contenders, though---a pair of pre-release OWR maddies shared with my Shield Brother, a 5 y.o. RyJ churchill CC in a blind tasting that was smooth as silk on Alyssa Milano's tush, an entire jar of Tat Blacks gone through like a bag of crack . . . :laugh:

~Boar

...oddly enough, they all said "Padron" on them;

- A Milennium, gifted my by a great BOTL. Wow.....
- A '64 torpedo natural wrap....just blew me away.
- Most recently the new Padron 45. Picked some up at Israel's shop during the QSH, and they are really impressive.

Got some aged Anejo 48's that are pretty special as well....

Recently it was a Tat Frank that I smoked at the NERF in Worcester. Amazing cigar and great company.

Brian

H. Upman Sir Winston. There were no intervening variables. No special occasion. Nothing to prejudice my observations. It's the best cigar I ever smoked, bar none, and I have the same response whenever I smoke one.

Doc.

Favorite smoke would have been the Padron Millennium Maduro. Smoked them out on my lake. Sun was shining. Almost a euphoric moment that will never be forgotten. :thumbs:

And nicely put Doc. :cool:

It was a Cohiba Genios Maddy 5 on the front porch just bs'ing with the wife. It was perfect, I never wanted it to end. I have had a few more of these but they don't match that one. I think that one may have been gifted and may have had some age cause, damn it was perfect. The search continues!

PJ

My father, father-in-law (5.5 years to marriage), and myself found a smoke shop on a trip we went on. Each of us got a Monte #2 and a snifter of Remmy XO. We spend the next 2 hours just sipping, smoking, and shooting the shit. Not only my best smoking memory of all time but one of my most memorable experiences period.

Every year there seems to be one smoke that
stands out for me.

This past year it was a LA Cien Anos robusto with
a couple years time on it. I smoked it while
waiting to see Avatar 3D, on a cold New Years day.
I sat on the sunny side of the TGI Fridays, next
door to the movie theater, and enjoyed a remarkable
smoke. The only problem was that there was not
time to finish it!

The previous year it was an AF Hemingway Signature
maduro, after raking leaves on a warm fall day in
November. The air was crisp, the sun was warm and
that cigar was sweeet! As a matter of fact, I bought
a box of AF Hemi Sig maddies this year, and they're
resting. Hope to recreate that experience 24 more
times!

One thing all of my best smokes have in common, is
that they were smoked in cooler weather in the fall
or on a warm for winter day.

I keep my eyes open for a deal on some LA Cien Anos
robustos, but they're getting scarce! I have 1/2
box of LA Cien Anos torps to console me, however! :)

Chemyst :cool:

The whole experience was situational. The cigar was a Kinky Freidman The Willie that I obtained in my first pass. It had sat in my humidor over the winter and went with me on a grass cutting trip to my mothers house one summer day. I finished the grass and drove down to French Creek. There's a spot along the banks where we used to go swimming as kids. I had a camp chair, a bottle of water and The Willie. The sun was shining, the water was babbling, the breeze was rustling the leaves in the trees, and the birds were chirping. Basically it was the type of setting they tell you to imagine in those relaxation tapes.

Wasn't really expecting very much from the cigar when I lit it. The first puff was delicious. So was the second and the third. That cigar was absolutely enjoyable.

I have to split this into at least two categories.

Flavor: Tat Pork Chop

Complex: '05 PSP2

A Padron 1964 Anniversary Exclusivo with a maduro wrapper. Smoked two in a row while watching "The Hangover". Good movies and good cigars were made for each other.

-Montagieu