• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What was your worse cigar ever?

Rocky Patel CI Fuma. Nasty, dark, skinny, little stick. It tasted like salt. Even after a year in the humi it was terrible. I don't know why I do not throw them in the trash.

Gurkha Master Blender. Flavorless, dank tobacco, all 5 that I had were terrible.

The Rocky Patel Decade. Nasty, bitter, and tarry aren't characteristics I look for in a good cigar--unfortunately the Decade had all three.

Gispert Maduro Robusto... literally made me sick to my stomach, not from strength, but cause it was so bad.
Chris

In all honesty, you should try a little bit of everything. Just because Smoker #1 thinks Cigar A is the worst cigar which could turn out to be a gem for you.

But some of my worst cigars I've had is Acids, Eileen's Dream, Moontrance, and a Power Ranger I had while I was in Moscow. The Opus Power Ranger literally gave me a massive headache and the burn on it was horrendous. It basically burned half of the cigar and left the rest untouched. I had pairs of all the cigars I took in my Armored humidor and it was the only one that had a problem. But I always say...smoke enough of one brand and you will find a miss in the line. I just had a Power Ranger the other day that split pretty bad which leads me to believe the Quality has gone down a tad as I've never had these many misses in a row. I got 24 of them from the same box and so far, I'd say I've had problems with 6 of them. :(

If you can call it a cigar, I was given a King Edwards cigar years ago when I was just getting into cigars. I kept it in my first humidor for a while and then pulled it out during one of my poker nights. I knew they were crap machine made drug store stogies but I didn't know the depth of the crapiness. This is when I learned that, generally speaking, if you don't need to clip the cigar that's a big red flag. Also the homogenized wrapper made me think I was smoking a roll of paper towels. The cigar was terrible and just about made me hurl. It took days to be able to think about it and not feel queasy. That night I learned to try and stay away from drug store cigars forever.

As for a more respectable machine made cigar, I had a B-Line by Bahia that half-way through tasted like I was smoking asphalt. It must've been seeping tar because the aftertaste and film on my tongue was horrible.

Now, for more premium cigars I don't really have any horror stories, just cigars that didn't do much for me. Joyo de Nicaragua was way too harsh and seemed like I was smoking something that had been dipped in gasoline. I had a JR Ultimate one time and that didn't do me any good. A couple Belindas I've had or been around had a very skunky smell that was pretty off-putting.

Now, having said all this, just because I didn't like them doesn't mean you shouldn't try them. Everyone's taste is different. Sometimes I learn more from smoking a cigar I don't like than smoking one I do (same applies to beer, movies, etc.).

This is funny. I had an Arganese Double Wrap Robusto last night and thought to myself....This is the WORST smoke I have ever had. It was seriously so bad that I thought I had spilled some chemicals on it prior to smoking it. The taste stayed for hours afterwards and would not go away. I am a fan of Arganese and could not believe that this came from their line.

My experience was very recent, yesterday actually. Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure Especial LE 2004. Now I have smoked a couple of these to know how amazing they are, but the one I had yesterday was j u s t AWFUL!!!!!!!! It literary tasted like vomit. I do not know why this happened, it is very unusual, I mean it is HdM!! It was bad.

I can't remember which specific cigar it was, all I remember was that it was a Rocky Patel. This was one of the first few cigars I had and it literally made me second think getting into the habit. Luckily I didn't give up though and have now found very many cigars that I love and have probably not even tapped into 10% of the market.

Acid :angry:
It makes throw up in my mouth just thinking about it!

How about "Worst"? Grammar? Spelling?

Know the difference between "then" and "than" also. It's important.

Trey

Edited because I felt like it.

Rocky Patel CI Fuma. Nasty, dark, skinny, little stick. It tasted like salt. Even after a year in the humi it was terrible. I don't know why I do not throw them in the trash.

Wow, so I wasn't the only one who thought they dropped the shipment into the ocean and then let them dry back out to sell them. Never again!

And this thread is in the wrong forum.

How about "Worst"? Grammar? Spelling?

Know the difference between "then" and "than" also. It's important.

Trey

Edited because I felt like it.
Damn man, ease up a little. You're a 5 monther jumping a 1 monther's ass. If you want to correct a newb while you're still a newb, then do it with a little more tact than this. We already have one Ms. Crabtree here, no need for a younger version

BTW, the worst I've ever had was a Punch NC. To me, those are the most vile cigars ever made other than Acids.

Mine still has to be the J Fuego Gran Reserva Corojo No. 1. It tasted like I walked into a leather shop and started gnawing on a belt.

My worst... Since worst really is singular, I would have to say that little Ashton classic churchill.... I still get chills thinking about that stick.