• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Whiskey, Rum or Cognac are you drinking today.

I'm going to cheat a little for the sake of sharing. This wasn't today, hell it's only 6:20 here right now. This was in Las Vegas a couple of days ago. Hopefully no one minds me bending the rules.

I was treated to almost 1/2 a bottle of Dewar's Signature my final night in town.

Signature is Dewar's answer to Johnnie Walker Blue, another untra premium blended scotch.

I found this to be sweet and fruity with hints of smoke and white chocolate. It was creamy and gentle on the palate but there was still enough complexity to make you think. The finish is just on the short side of medium, which for me was a bit of a let down. If you like Dewar's you'll love their Signature.

Went for some Buffalo Trace tonight. Weather is back to chilly so seemed appropriate. Matched it up with a two-year-old Tat East. What stress?

Tonight's splash was a big Beefeater's and tonic with a couple big lime wedges, which went smashingly with my two year old Outlaw / Pepin special. Talk about a nice hour on the deck..... :cool:

Zaya...it has so much vanilla taste to it I swear it tastes like a cream soda.

Don't you owe a review of that bad boy? Pics too :p

Tonight's splash was a big Beefeater's and tonic with a couple big lime wedges, which went smashingly with my two year old Outlaw / Pepin special. Talk about a nice hour on the deck..... :cool:

I had a small glass of 4 Roses Single Barrel yesterday with an Opus X #4. Both were excellent. :thumbs:

It's Friday Night! That means it's Western Night here at Casa Doc. The Big Country with Gregory Peck is on. So, I'll be drinking Old Overholt. :laugh:

Doc.

Don't you owe a review of that bad boy? Pics too :p

Oh, I haven't opened the good one yet; this was the pedestrian, buy it anywhere local stuff.... :p

You'll get reviews and pics of all the others I bought, with the exception of the HC7. Everyone knows all about that one and mine took a serious butt kicking already..... :laugh:

A couple of large Grayhounds tonight. Hit the spot!

Ron Matusalem Espiritu de Cuba rum tonight. It's a fine rum for sipping, and it's going really well with the cigar lineup tonight (Tatuaje Verocu and Esencia)

~Boar

Picked up a bottle of Bushmill's 1608 400th this past Friday and opened it with a friend. Not a huge Irish fan, but this was a great bottle. Lots of Oak and spice to it, not the usual Irish feel. It is also a blend so no year specific aging.

High reccomendation.

Glass of Buffalo Trace Bourbon on the rocks, really hitting the spot and goes very well with the 858 Mad that I'm smoking.

Laphroaig 10yr and a LFD DL Lancero.

Doc.

Drank a glass of George T. Stagg '07 with a few large ice cubes tonight that was excellent. It paired superbly with the Anejo 48 I was smoking. I only have about 1-2 glasses left from this bottle and I will be sad to see it go.

Michael Collins (Irish Whiskey); On the rock(s)

I put one cube in so the wife can't say I drink it Straight.

Great with a Sancho Panza DM

had a Ron Zacapa 23yo rum last night. just a splash of Distilled water (I feel that it really opens up alot of different boozes) wish i could pair it with a cigar but the doc says that it is a no go yet. (Broke a tooth in half and had it extracted earlier in the week)

I am just dying to try the 23 year RZ. I hope you guys are enjoying.

I had my old stand by tonight. Knob Creek with a Storm King Stout. Double fistin.

Long night tonight.

2 fingers on rocks:

R1, not as decent as I remembered. Average at an excelled price. I recommended this to Doc, I take it back, weak for the price.

Hancock President's Reserve. Simply an amazing bourbon, out of Buffalo Trace, and fairly unknown. Cheap in KY ($30 a fifth), and a little more expensive slewhere ($50 in MI), a must try.

Then a Knob Creek, my old go to. Gotta love those bigger and better things from the Beam's.