• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What would you accept for an Anejo in a pass?

ricmac25

Token Cuban Guy
I was talking about this with someone and I was wondering people's thoughts on this.

You are sending out a box of Anejo's? Or you are sending out a box, and only want Anejo's in return :p ?

Emo

ricmac25 said:
Neither. Just curious as to what would be an equitable put.
There are a lot of equitable puts. Unless you had an expierenced group of passers, you probably would see quite a few disproportionate puts/takes. The hard to obtain Fuente's are hard to pass. If you go by MSRP alone then there are tons of equal puts. But if you factor in the rarity of these fines smokes, you drastically cut down the list of equal puts, as least domestic puts. It isn't easy for the newbs people to put a value, weather dollar or intrinsic to these rare cigars. Good luck.

Emo

I guess I'll find out..I included one in my pass, I guess I would accept an aged ISOM or something of limited availability or another Anjeo.

Rnccen

Hmm..maybe I should take it out now that I think about it...:)

rnccen said:
I guess I'll find out..I included one in my pass, I guess I would accept an aged ISOM or something of limited availability or another Anjeo.

Rnccen
While you can't go to the store to buy an ISOM, they are still readily available. Anejo's on the other hand are produced in far fewer numbers than most ISOM's. Most can't find them, except on over inflated auctions.

Emo

I know, my philosophy is that if I have a cigar that someone else needs or wants, I'd gladly share. Don't get me wrong I like Anejo's though they are typically released by Fuente around the holidays so they are available.

Rnccen

Sticks like that can be problem starters in passes. To me any ISOM will cover any Dom. Rep. but that is just me and many would disagree. Good Luck

Either of those would be more then equitable in my view. The UTS and '26s are much harder to find and more expensive then Anejos IME. Another of the top of my head would be the BTL.

To quote a passmaster I asked the same question: Another Anejo.

Wascal said:
To quote a passmaster I asked the same question: Another Anejo.
Too funny, I do believe that was my 1st response, LOL.

Damn Fuente's and their fricken marketing ploys!

I've seen more 26's than I have Anejos, maybe just lucky being down here near Padron.

You could always ask to be PM if there are any questions about the puts or specificly list those you want to have a say in for the puts. It's your pass and your rules as long as everyone knows up front there shouldn't be problems.

I would say that a Perdomo Edicion de Silvio will do they made
30,000 of them and it's a 1 time run when there gone there gone.

Triple_D said:
Sticks like that can be problem starters in passes. To me any ISOM will cover any Dom. Rep. but that is just me and many would disagree. Good Luck
Yep, I'd completely disagree. No way in hell a Monte #4 (cheap, easily available) should cover a limited release premium stick like an Añejo.

I think it's really up to the pass owner; but to be fair about it, the put should be something rare and hard to obtain, just like the Añejo's are. Something like a Cohiba Millennium edition, Padron 1926, aged Opus, or other limited release sticks like an Untold Story Maduro, or a rare Cuban.

Just any old stick ain't gonna cover it.

moki said:
Triple_D said:
Yep, I'd completely disagree. No way in hell a Monte #4 (cheap, easily available) should cover a limited release premium stick like an Añejo.

I think it's really up to the pass owner; but to be fair about it, the put should be something rare and hard to obtain, just like the Añejo's are. Something like a Cohiba Millennium edition, Padron 1926, aged Opus, or other limited release sticks like an Untold Story Maduro, or a rare Cuban.

Just any old stick ain't gonna cover it.
I agree with Moki about Puts & Takes, but one would expect that the participants in a pass would contact the pass holder with any issues or concerns. The folks on this board appear to be honest, respectful and have sent some damn fine sticks. I guess the Anejo issue would be up to the pass holder and if anything it had shed light on the topic raising awareness...:)

Rnccen

How about a discontinued ISOM? Those are no longer in production at all... so in terms of rarity, that should cover it.

Anyone wanna give me some Vegas Robainas or San Cristobals for my Anejos ???