• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What would you expect from a Cigar Club?

My local shop with a private club is also connected with bar that serves food.

Personally, I wouldn't care. I heard that the The Briary in Birmingham, AL, has a BYODrink policy and provides a fridge for regulars... I know in TN you can get an insurance policy to cover you for liability of people drinking at your business, without serving them yourself.

Also, my local club has wifi, lockers, big leather coaches, big flat screen tvs, the perfect things for relaxing and smoking a cigar. ;)

gallery_998_773_23740.jpg

Can you get her phone number?

I would like to see comfortable seating , card tables, wifi, big screens, and lockers. Maybe a couple of rooms with different themes. ie sports, reading, outdoors etc
I would like the byob, I happen to brew.

Rich

After reading a few of these replies it seems like a lot of places allow BYOB does that include alcohol? That would be a pretty cool idea. Being from Michigan, there Cigar "bars" are almost non existent.

Can you get her phone number?

Believe it or not, one of my friends in South Bend did just that. Well, not with the woman in the picture - with our regular waitress at the Lasalle. Not that I minded the chance to go out drinking with the staff, of course.

Thank you very much for your well thought out replies and interesting pics. They are very helpful.

Good company, comfy chair, ashtray at my side and a nice enviroment with good air. BYOB would be the best idea as most i go to are, the last thing on my mind is food, if i need that i go to a resturant, not to my local B&M or club. just my .02, hope it helps and good luck i really hope it works out for the two of you if you decide on doing this.

Good company, comfy chair, ashtray at my side and a nice enviroment with good air. BYOB would be the best idea as most i go to are, the last thing on my mind is food, if i need that i go to a resturant, not to my local B&M or club. just my .02, hope it helps and good luck i really hope it works out for the two of you if you decide on doing this.

It probably makes a lot of sense for us to procede, providing we can make the budget work. I want an office space outside of my home, he has a business that can benefit from the location we are considering and we both are going to need a nice place to smoke this winter.

Location (think eye candy traffic). Big open windows (no posters). Chairs facing eye candy traffic.

Not joking.

Thanks for this thread. We just signed the lease for an expansion, which will double our walk-in to about 1200 SF (yeah, I know, it's kinda on the smallish side) and add a lounge area, and the information was quite helpful.

I would look for a club that offered comfortable seating, some type of A/V set up to watch ballgames, and BYOB if possible. Mostly I would like to have a place where you could go in, kick back and enjoy a smoke with other BOTL's. Its funny to smoke with your buddies, but a lot of the time its the same stories over and over.

Also, I am not in for poker every night, but maybe go like every other Thursday (any day really), and maybe try a weekend BBQ with corn-hole and the like for a big college game.

And closer to me than 35 mins.

One of my favorite B&M's has the big screen TV, comfortable seating, poker tables in a separate outbuilding, and since the place is a converted house, they have an outdoor seating area with a grill, some tables, comfortable outdoor chairs, and some of those outdoor fireplaces. I really like the outdoor option, and the grill so I can sear a couple of steaks with a buddy.

My other favorite place to hang out has big windows facing onto a shopping plaza that has nice restaurants and bars which turn into clubs at night. The eye candy is phenomenal. The B&M has outrageous prices on sticks, but I buy one occasionally to thank them for providing the location. That hasn't been so true, lately, because you can't smoke inside the store at this time. The upscale retail neighbors share HVAC with the cigar store and complain loudly (and effeminately) if they catch a whiff of smoke. Unfortunately, I think they are smelling more from their cigarette smoking customers who walk in smelling of smoke, than they do from the B&M. The B&M has four times the number of air purifiers (brand uncertain) to clean the air than would be needed for a store their size. Fortunately, they've gotten permission to build in their own HVAC, and a guarantee from the property manager that they won't be barred from smoking again after this is installed.

One of my favorite B&M's has the big screen TV, comfortable seating, poker tables in a separate outbuilding, and since the place is a converted house, they have an outdoor seating area with a grill, some tables, comfortable outdoor chairs, and some of those outdoor fireplaces. I really like the outdoor option, and the grill so I can sear a couple of steaks with a buddy.

My other favorite place to hang out has big windows facing onto a shopping plaza that has nice restaurants and bars which turn into clubs at night. The eye candy is phenomenal. The B&M has outrageous prices on sticks, but I buy one occasionally to thank them for providing the location. That hasn't been so true, lately, because you can't smoke inside the store at this time. The upscale retail neighbors share HVAC with the cigar store and complain loudly (and effeminately) if they catch a whiff of smoke. Unfortunately, I think they are smelling more from their cigarette smoking customers who walk in smelling of smoke, than they do from the B&M. The B&M has four times the number of air purifiers (brand uncertain) to clean the air than would be needed for a store their size. Fortunately, they've gotten permission to build in their own HVAC, and a guarantee from the property manager that they won't be barred from smoking again after this is installed.

Next time you are there, would you mind asking what brand and if they are happy/would buy something else if doing over?