• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whatca been eating lately?

SD_Stack

Former J.R. 1am Monitor
We need a new section in the forum just for this.

This morning I awoke a 4am. The local Food Dog opens at six and I was waiting at the door. I picked up a few things and the Sunday Paper. It was still dark outside and I was the only one in the store. The family was still asleep and oblivious to the fact that I had escaped before dawn.

I returned around 6:30 and pulled out the ole Kitchen Aid food processor to make chimichurri.

The brunch menu for this morning was as follows:

Boneless pork tenderloin marinated in chimichurri. (for those who don't know, chimichurri originate in the meditarranian and is a mixture consisting of garlic, shallots, basil, oregano, thyme, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and lemon juice chopped fine and used as a condiment or marinade - Wonderful) The pork was center cut and butterflied. I marinated it in the chimichurri before placing on the grill. When done, before removing from the grill, I spooned on extra chimichurri and let it get hot for extra flavor.

I chose a bottle of 2001 Saintsbury Carneros Vin Gris of Pinot Noir to compliment the dish. My wife (even though pregnant) chose a small glass of white merlot.

I must stop writing now. I must go to humidor #1 and select and Very Full Flavor Cigar to enjoy. The strength of the garlic and shallots demand a full bodied cigar. I will be thinking of you as I indulge in the simple pleasures of life... cigars on a full belly. :D

Now let me go find some nice lady to kiss :D LMAO off at SD the man with an iron stomach ;)

BenjieV :D

if you've ever seen a picture of my brother, purobrat, i'm
about 30lbs lighter. inother words, quite portly. i enjoy
food, and i enjoy good food even better :p
this sounds absolutely mouthwatering!!! :0
i gained 2lbs just reading it!

todd

Man... that sounds mighty tasty! It sure beats my breakfast... a bowl of raisin bran and a cup of joe! LOL!

Aloha,

Wade

Let me tell ya. If you've never had chimichurri on pork and any other choice of meat, you are missing out! It is full of flavor. You may stink the next day from the garlic and the shallots but it is worth it! I was turned on by it at a quaint little meditarranian restaurant close by called Don Quiote. Add it a little cayenne pepper to the mix and it is even better.

:love:

Sounds delicious to me! And pretty much anything is better with a little cayenne pepper :)

I wasn't hungry until I read this!

That sounds really good SD, I'm going to try to find a recipe for the chimichurri and try some myself. Fortunately my wife is pretty willing to try foods she's never had so I think she will go along with it. I think I've had chimichurri before but I'm not quite sure, what other meats is it usually served with?

WOW,

That even sounds okay for the "IN" low-carb diets that are the HUGE fad now.

SD, ya gotta start your own cookbook. If it's a best seller, you can buy all the cigars you want.