• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whatever happend to Viaje?

kumanchu

In the late 2000's I was on another cigar forum a lot (which has seemingly become almost a ghost town) before moving out of the US. At the time, viaje was a brand that was hot on everyone's mind. I still have a lot stashed away, but it seems like no one really cares about them anymore. My viaje's are smoking better than ever, and I still think they're tasty cigars.

What happened?

They are still around but I don’t hear much hype about them anymore. It’s probably due to my media outlets. I’m sure there are some podcasts or forums that have more attention on Viaje then here. Maybe you can light some interest here?

They are still around but I don’t hear much hype about them anymore. It’s probably due to my media outlets. I’m sure there are some podcasts or forums that have more attention on Viaje then here. Maybe you can light some interest here?
haha, I'm not looking to promote the brand or anything. i'm just wondering if there was some sort of reason (scandal maybe?) that they seem to have melted away into obscurity. Tatuaje was coming up at the same time, and seem to have stayed relevant. Although I'm too new to join a pass at the moment (given my lack of track record on the forum). Maybe after I develop a reasonable reputation and join a pass in the future, I'll swap in some tasty aged viaje's :)

I love them. Received a few different ones from some trades in other places and they smoked better than most "name" brands.

I'd guess the FDA happened. They seemed to be, like a few other brands, which thrived mostly on new and limited releases. So, they are probably taking a "wait and see" approach.