• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's a good pipe tobacco for cigar smokers?

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I've tried many different blends, mostly aromatics. I know pipe smoking is a lot different than cigars, but there must be some full bodied tobaccos out there that are in some way similar to a maduro.

I've read Dunhill Nightcap is a strong tobacco. What can you recommend? Not so much into the aromatics, I just want a full bodied smoke in a pipe, if that's even possible.

I've tried many different blends, mostly aromatics. I know pipe smoking is a lot different than cigars, but there must be some full bodied tobaccos out there that are in some way similar to a maduro.

I've read Dunhill Nightcap is a strong tobacco. What can you recommend? Not so much into the aromatics, I just want a full bodied smoke in a pipe, if that's even possible.

Take a cigar that's inexpensive, that you like and chop it up and smoke it in your pipe. If you like it, I'd be surprised. There have been a few cigar blends, none of them have seemed to last long. I read that English gentlemen hunters often gave the cut off caps to game keepers for them to smoke in their pipes. I tried this. It was an epic fail. Nasty as hell. Aromatics , oriental and blends with latakia are probably not the way to go. You can get close to a cigarette, but, I don't think, a cigar.

Doc

John has had some cigar scraps/blends that he's sold in the past. It's straight cigar pieces and from what I remember, it was really strong.

I tend to go for Full Virginias:

Peterson Irish Flake
Peterson University Flake
Samuel Gawith Chocolate Flake
Samuel Gawith 1792
Escudo

There are a lot more as well. The problem with aromatics and any Latakia blends, is that they remind me too much of flavored cigars. I really can't do anything with too much Latakia, it's just way too smokey for me.