• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whats in your glass right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 ice cubes, 4oz of homemade sweet tea, 2oz of Makers Mark, 1oz of Disaronno

Aberlour a'bunadh . . . Batch #34, 59.5% alc/vol. One of the "Yule bottles" I picked up today (Glendronach Revival 15 was the other one). Wonderful bottling, more taut, tannic, and smoky than some of the earlier expressions. Going damn nicely with a San Cristobal Fabuloso at the moment!

~Boar

I had a few Jack and Diets at a Christmas Party last night. Then went home and had some Old Weller Antique 107. One of my favorite $20 bottles.

I'm on my 4th glass of Macallan 25 from the new bottling and I have to say it tastes different. Way less bite than before and less sherried.
I have some of the older stuff at home. I'll have to compare over Christmas. I wasn't aware they changed the whisky????

Maybe my taste buds are off from lack of drinking and smoking of late.
I better have another glass or two to make sure.

Getting drunk In Vegas!

Then went home and had some Old Weller Antique 107. One of my favorite $20 bottles.

Hmmm, I might have to give that a try.

After a bit of a hiatus, last week I finally sat down and enjoyed some of the spirits I've been squirreling away. A little Woodford Reserve, some Vintage 17 and RVW 12yo. The Vintage was a little harsher than expected initially but seemed to smooth out, it might've just been my palate. The RVW was the best of the lot, although I'd really like sit down and sip it next to the Woodford. I wasn't sure about the RVW purchase since everyone was hunting for the 15yo but I think I'm going to enjoy it.

Buffalo trace experimental barrels, I picked up the oat version. It's darn tasty!

Nice. These were the first experimentals I was really interested in trying. What did you think of the rice, BTW?

Last years bottlings were better but this years is pretty good too. The rice is the lesser of the two in my opinion. It's just a little boring and it taste like any other bourbon on the market. The oat is the better one, it's a little more interesting. Try them both though!

Out with the wifey enjoying a great holiday dinner at the bonaventure hotel enjoying a great dinner at LA Prime. Well now I am drinking a makers mark and coke.

Status
Not open for further replies.