• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whats in your glass right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
khari said:

I've played around with the thought of getting one as well.  Where did you get your barrel?
Its pretty cool.  I run a solerno type barreling where when I have a glass then I refill and tweak it based off what i think it needs.  I rebarrel in glass when I have it just right.  I know others have had mixed success with these but, IMHO the Manhattans and the Negroni's have been really well rounded and balanced.  

I bought from oak Barrels LTD and have nothing but good things to say.  Barrel arrived fairly quickly and the quality appears to be very good. 

http://oakbarrelsltd.com/2-liter-oak-barrel-with-galvanized-hoops.html

If nothing else the little barrel looks damn good on the bar top.  I will say though, that it is very dangerous to have 2L's of this goodness on tap at all times.  I am definitely enjoying the nightly tasting / tweaking of the recipes. 
Thanks Gregg.  Just ordered one.

No worries bud,  I hope you enjoy it.  What are you thinking your going to make?

khari said:
I'm going to start with the Manhattan.
Good Stuff I really liked the way mine came out.  I used 4 parts Jeffersons Rye to .75 parts Noilly Pratt Rouge and a couple teaspoons of Peychards Bitters.  When the 2L barrel was full I added about 2 0z of Solerno, it is a blood orange liquor and gave it a slight orange depth.  I as I drank I would refill and tweak the above ingredients to my liking.  I ended up putting a little OWA 107 in there as well.  I am sure you will enjoy tweaking the barrel almost as much as drinking its contents. 

I am a couple days into the Margarita (4parts Blanco tequila to 1 part Gran Gala).  I am still stuck on the Negroni's so I have not had any yet. But, I should get into it later this week.  Interested on this as I have not seen much info on Barrel aged Margarita's. 

A weekend filled with Oban, Dalwhinnie and Jack Daniels.  Man does my head hurt.

I got into some Dalmore Cigar Malt last night. Very enjoyable.

New one. The cigar bar I frequent apparently purchased all available stock from the PA State store inventory.

Edit: spelling

A couple drams of Knob Creek with an Oliva G Robusto. Nice pairing.

Alka Selzer

In 24 hours it will be a PBR

24 hours after that, Lagavulin 16 in one hand, Ashton VSG Torp in the other.

sigar_zealot said:
Balvenie 21 Port.
I keep wanting to pick this up.  It's $199 at Total Wine.  Seems it's gone up about $30 since the last time I checked.

Today I picked up a bottle of Angel's Envy and Red Breast 12 YO Cask Strength.

Jamie76 said:
Balvenie 21 Port.
I keep wanting to pick this up.  It's $199 at Total Wine.  Seems it's gone up about $30 since the last time I checked.

Today I picked up a bottle of Angel's Envy and Red Breast 12 YO Cask Strength.

I am in the process of narrowing down my collection. 150 bottles of scotch is just too many considering how little I actually drink. That bring said there will always be a spot on my shelf for The Balvenie 21 year.

You can buy this cheaper online.

^^ need help? ^^ :)

I had a blast yesterday. Laphroaig quater cask, 10 yrs, benromach peat smoke and Caol Ila 12 yrs to finish it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.