• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe? 2021

Greetings from Athens-Greece with 63 'F.

ZcjyPt0.jpg

Ashton Smooth Sailing.

I am starting to get a hang of it. At least I am not relighting like 100 times. Need to understand which tobacco fits my profile best
Same for me, after a 10 yr hiatus. My problem most times, is that I smoke too fast. I treat the pipe like a cigar and I have to remind myself to slow down. Lately I’ve really tried to slow down and try to get the taste to match how it smells in the tin. I read to try and treat your pipe, like it’s a straw full of hot coffee and slowly sip. It works.

Same for me, after a 10 yr hiatus. My problem most times, is that I smoke too fast. I treat the pipe like a cigar and I have to remind myself to slow down. Lately I’ve really tried to slow down and try to get the taste to match how it smells in the tin. I read to try and treat your pipe, like it’s a straw full of hot coffee and slowly sip. It works.
If your having trouble slowing down , look up the breath method.

What have you tried so far?
So far I tried cornel and diehl haunted bookshop - ok bayou morning - too mild for me and Peter Locke bye luxury twist flake - the best of the 3 in my opinion.

For me the toughest thing so far is to pack the pipe correctly ( hit or miss ) and find the rhythm that works

breath method is great but after smoking full cigars it’s hard to get used to the finer nuances that pipe tobacco has. It feels almost like there is never enough flavor

I packed a bowl so tight using the three layer method that when I applied heat and the tobacco expanded it sealed itself shut!

Pipes are certainly a bit different.

So far I tried cornel and diehl haunted bookshop - ok bayou morning - too mild for me and Peter Locke bye luxury twist flake - the best of the 3 in my opinion.

For me the toughest thing so far is to pack the pipe correctly ( hit or miss ) and find the rhythm that works

breath method is great but after smoking full cigars it’s hard to get used to the finer nuances that pipe tobacco has. It feels almost like there is never enough flavor
Gimmie a day or two and I’ll get some goodies sent your way and maybe change your mind 😉

ETA: For what it’s worth, Haunted Bookshop is one of the most underwhelming burley I’ve had (just my opinion)

Gimmie a day or two and I’ll get some goodies sent your way and maybe change your mind 😉

ETA: For what it’s worth, Haunted Bookshop is one of the most underwhelming burley I’ve had (just my opinion)
Thanks Hayden.

would love to see your technique of filling the bowl. I tried the Frank method but I can’t figure out the last step - the pinch plug - I either under or overfill it

also what’s you opinion on the filters use them or forget them

Thanks Hayden.

would love to see your technique of filling the bowl. I tried the Frank method but I can’t figure out the last step - the pinch plug - I either under or overfill it

also what’s you opinion on the filters use them or forget them
Bring your pipe on Saturday! I’ll shoot you a PM when I get home about loading the pipe. As for filters. I don’t use them, but some people like them. I suppose it could help soak up excess moisture if you’re smoking a tobacco that isn’t fully dried. But I usually dry mine for at least an hour or two (or overnight if it’s a Sam Gawith blend) before smoking it so I don’t run into too many moisture issues.