• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today? 2017

nismo270r

Well hey there! Long time no post! :) I saw the suggestion in the 2016 thread and thought what a better way to get back on the horse but to kick off the 2017 thread. Some '96 McCranie's Red Ribbon for me tonight in a old GBD bulldog.

Well it's about time we start contributing to this! Smoking some Peterson Sherlock Holmes from 2015 in an Ashton squat bulldog. This is a comfort smoke for me, the first pipe tobacco I ever smoked. Gets me all nostalgic and stuff. IMG_4894.JPG

Either your pic is upside down or you live in Australia.

I seriously need to break out my pipes again. Shame on me.

I blame it on the iPhone ;) . That was the last pipe I smoked! Been reaching for cigars more and more.

Some HU Director's Cut in the BST strawberry wood shape "124", taken from an old Dunhill catalog from the 1920s.

IMG_5064.JPG

I've taken a brief soirée into pipe smoking again. I purchased a bag of pipe tobacco from our good friend Johnny O as that seems to be my go-to recently in cigars, and I also purchased a tin of the dunhill morning blend that I've seen others smoke. I have two pipes as not to mix the wrong type of tobacco in the wrong pipe.

I'm finally starting to figure out how to get the pipe lit correctly after a youtube video or two and a lot of trial and error. The fact that some of my pipe tobacco is clipped cigar ends actually has worked well. I can push the whole circular end into the pipe and end up with a really well packed pipe with a good draw and little to no tongue bite. The bowl also has been remaining warm but not hot to the touch.

Still like my cigars better but I need to give pipe tobacco another shot. The Dunhill blend will be my weekend project -- trying to smoke that correctly. And I did get a house flake from my local pipe shop which I disliked the first time around but hopefully will try this weekend as well.

Who knows. :)

Last edited:
Miss having you around MadMonk. Smoking a big bowl of Dunhill Elizabethan in a three star Ferndown.

IMG_5405.jpg

Agree with that sentiment. Threw a little Embarcadero in my Drew Estate Tradesman on this cool evening. Almost feels like early fall!

Stonehenge Flake in a 1948 Dunhill Shell 53 F/T. Folded and stuffed, then left the pipe out for 24 hours (got pulled away from it last night). Firing it up now, and it's smoking wonderfully. Stonehenge ships a little wet.

Smoking one of my favorite mixtures; Lane Limited BCA, Peter Stokkebye Nougat and a dash of perique.

Been burning through a lot of Haunted Bookshop lately, breaking in a few pipes. Tonight, HB in a 1950 Dunhill Root Briar, a straight apple shape 254. Long stem, thick shank, ample walled pipe with straight grain all around. Working on the breath smoking technique and my tongue is better for it!

This Peterson smokes as well as any Dunhill, Castello, or Eltang I've had. Bowls of HB and Elizabethan yesterday, caking up nicely!

Stinking upside down phone photos. How do you fix that?

IMG_5645.JPG IMG_5644.JPG