• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started breaking in my new Ben Wade Brogue with some Old Joe Krantz..Smoked a bowl of SG Black XX in my Invicta Lovat earlier.

Some nicely aged Orlik Dark Kenturkey in my GBD Brunette. It's fun having a couple new(to me) pipes. I still only have six but that's plenty for now. Can't smoke more than one at a time anywho. :p

'96 PCCA Full Balkan Reserve Syrian in the Hardcastle Bruyere. This was the tin I bought to see if even with nicely aged, Syrian latakia was I still turned off to it. Unfortunately, yes is the answer. It is better than young cyprian; but, I'd rather have the 15YO VA and Turkish WITHOUT the Syrian Latakia. :D

I may have some unopened tins of English to sell. ;)

I just finished a bowl of Christmas Cheer 2000 in the GBD Brunette. This is the best flake pipe I've ever packed!

Last night, I mixed McC Yenidje Supreme and PCCA Full Balkan Reserve Syrian. Not bad in the Hardcastle Bruyere.

The Syrian was already 15 YO and smooth and the 3 YO Yenidje was perfect for cutting down on the Syrian latakia factor and added some spice, too. :thumbs:

MacBaren's Mixture Flake in a Brakner. Gotta confess I love a good cigar but... pipes. I really like pipes and pipe tobacco.

I had some CAO Monntrance tonight.
Are you the ghost of Wilkey past? I guess it's vanilla.

I smoked another bowl of Xmas Cheer 2000 in the GBD Bruyere. Some '99 Escudo a couple days ago in same. Both delightful.

Starting this windy, snowy day with a big pot of coffee and a bowl of Autumn Evening. It's one of about 3 blends I can smoke inside. :thumbs:

Starting this windy, snowy day with a big pot of coffee and a bowl of Autumn Evening. It's one of about 3 blends I can smoke inside. :thumbs:

I'm curious which blends draw the objections, Alan. Are they mostly English blends?

I smoked some '08 Escudo and some '00 Escudo back to back and found they both had their strong points. The older blend had a stronger perique presence but the newer had some nice, sweet VA going for it.:love: I think I actually prefer the more recent blend but I enjoyed them both.

I'm curious which blends draw the objections, Alan. Are they mostly English blends?

I don't like to smoke in the house. So, the only exceptions I'll make are for blends that have a good aroma that doesn't last. So far that's Autumn Evening, Christmas Cookie, and 1Q. These are good because they don't linger much and what little room note they leave is not unpleasant. Most everything else leaves a lasting impression out in my workshop that I don't want to bring into the house.

TheWife(c) has given me clearance to smoke whatever as long as she and TheKids(c) aren't home, but I don't want the house to get smoky.

I don't like to smoke in the house. So, the only exceptions I'll make are for blends that have a good aroma that doesn't last. So far that's Autumn Evening, Christmas Cookie, and 1Q. These are good because they don't linger much and what little room note they leave is not unpleasant. Most everything else leaves a lasting impression out in my workshop that I don't want to bring into the house.

TheWife© has given me clearance to smoke whatever as long as she and TheKids© aren't home, but I don't want the house to get smoky.
So it's just your own personal preference, then. Cool. We've been enjoying a small Indian Summer lately so I've been smoking only cigars to take advantage of this last gasp of nice weather. I've got a nice stash ready for this winter, though. ;)

TheWife© and TheKids©, huh? :laugh: Wouldn't want any copyright infringements!

Status
Not open for further replies.