• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning a bowl of Latakia Flake No. 9 with coffee. Love starting my weekend off like this...

Had a bowl or two of Luxury Bullseye Flake. It was the first time in a while I've had the chance to sit down and have a pipe and I was not disappointed.

I don't pick up the Cavendish, but the Virginias are delicious and the Perique is just right (just a really light touch). I hear this is better rubbed out, so I guess I'll have to try it that way next time.

Had a bowl or two of Luxury Bullseye Flake. It was the first time in a while I've had the chance to sit down and have a pipe and I was not disappointed.

I don't pick up the Cavendish, but the Virginias are delicious and the Perique is just right (just a really light touch). I hear this is better rubbed out, so I guess I'll have to try it that way next time.
I was just looking at Stokkebye's more affordable "Escudo" today! Pipesandcigars has some interesting and affordable bulk Stokkebye blends.

But I can't get enough Cairo and McClelland Yenice blends lately. The Yenice Agonya was the Turkish du Jour. Xanthi in the pantry! :p

Smoked some Mclelland bulk 2015 Virginia flake last night in my Boswell, and then cracked open some GL Pease Westminster for my meerschaum. Wow...Westminster is absolutely fantastic. An amazingly smooth English blend. The best way to describe it is smooth, creamy and exotic.

I love this tobacco. I can't wait to get home and light up a bowl when I first walk in the door today. Amazing.

Smoked some Mclelland bulk 2015 Virginia flake last night in my Boswell, and then cracked open some GL Pease Westminster for my meerschaum. Wow...Westminster is absolutely fantastic. An amazingly smooth English blend. The best way to describe it is smooth, creamy and exotic.

I love this tobacco. I can't wait to get home and light up a bowl when I first walk in the door today. Amazing.

Westminster is my favorite tobacco by far. In fact, I'm smoking some right now (well, in about 10 minutes when I go outside). :whistling:

I'll be doing exactly the same after I go pick up my son and head home.

His mom is at yoga class for a couple hours and the sun just came out so I'll be taking him for a walk outside and enjoying a little Westminster during this cool New England autumn evening.

:D

UPDATE

Just got in from watching a beautiful sunset with my boy, enhanced mostly by his amazing presence and the spirit of youth. These are the memories I will hold on to in 20 years when I pack my pipe with Westminster and travel back in time via the smoke. And in his prime, these are the memories he will have when he walks with his children and catches the scent of a pipe from a passerby, or possibly his own.

Of course, your assuming we'll take back our country between then and now. Otherwise, it's not likely we'll be free to enjoy anything that might impede productivity and/or adversely impact a healthy workforce and their insurance premium costs. ;)

Old Joe Krantz earlier and Peretti D-9575 after dinner. I'm looking forward to my Peretti order which SHOULD be here tomorrow. :) I can't wait to try Royal Blend since I've been on a Turkish kick lately. :p

Steve

Of course, your assuming we'll take back our country between then and now. Otherwise, it's not likely we'll be free to enjoy anything that might impede productivity and/or adversely impact a healthy workforce and their insurance premium costs. ;)

So true...scary to think about the way things could be.

Peretti Tashkent - as good an English as I've tried so far.
Peretti Cuban Mixture - a tasty burley-based mixture of 7 tobaccos.

C&D Autumn Evening.

It's the first aromatic I've had in awhile. I may be in trouble. It didn't do a damn thing for me. I prefer the Virginias and English blends so much more. I've got a boatload of aros to get through, though. This is a really good aromatic, but I really missed the Latakia and the good, full tobacco flavors I've been getting from other blends.

:(

D-7485 is a weird name for a tobacco blend.

I really don't think there's much bout adout it. Peretti's created more of an American blend than an English, in my limited experience. It has a modest amout of latakia, and is in a chunky form, which is interesting. But none of the pieces are very big, either. So it fills the pipe without need of packing. I tapped it to help it settle a bit and it burned well that way.

I enjoyed it but it's still a new thing so I'll reserve judgement, for now.

C&D Autumn Evening.

It's the first aromatic I've had in awhile. I may be in trouble. It didn't do a damn thing for me. I prefer the Virginias and English blends so much more. I've got a boatload of aros to get through, though. This is a really good aromatic, but I really missed the Latakia and the good, full tobacco flavors I've been getting from other blends.

:(

same thing happened to me this weekend. I was smoking some boswell maple leaf, and the whole time I just wished I had a non-aromatic in my briar.

Exhausted Rooster in my Tom Thumb Briar while running errands. Not much of a car smoker but it was a nice diversion in the Bank drive-through and at traffic lights.

I plan on a bowl of McClelland Venice Agonya later. That and Cairo are my two favs lately.

Cairo and Stratford are about all I've been smoking latley. Bought a 1/2 lb of both.

Doc.

Decided to keep things simple this evening - smoked some Prince Albert in a Dr. Grabow straight billiard (I think it's a Grand Duke). Very refreshing change of pace. :thumbs:

I've been exploring the six different Peretti blends I got last week.

So far, the D7485 has become a favorite. Cubed burley, light and red VAs, and a modest amount of latakia, it seems. They don't tell you on the website. The granular burley, along with the rest, seems to fall into the pipe packed needing little tamping. The latakia far from dominates. I've heard this blend described as American. It's a blend that has a unique flavor. It took me a few bowls to fall in love with it. :love: :D

I highly recommend these Peretti blends for burley lovers because most of them have burley as a base. They also are priced well at between $2.80 and $3.10 an oz.

Smoked a bowl of Dunhill London Mixture this morning. Not too bad, but I think it needs some drying.

This morning I enjoyed a bowl of Frogmorton On The Town in a Savenelli Roma and this evening was some Carter Hall in a Dr. Grabow while walking the dogs. If I stay awake long enough I might cap things off with some Squadron Leader in a Savenelli pipe from 1993. We'll see. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.