• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracked a 8oz tin of C&D Exhausted Rooster tonight. That's a big pile of Rooster!

Packed the Sav Mr.G after drying aaannd loving it! :)

Opened a tin of Rattray's Highland Large Tobacco. Smoking it in my favorite meerschaum.
smile.gif

I forgot how much I like Exhausted Rooster! The dark-fired Kentucky Burley is what makes this stuff unique. The tin smell is intoxicating and it smokes about the same.

These new 8 oz tins have four 2oz. paper cups stacked inside instead of the one big ball. It filled a pint jar and a half-pint jar to the brim. :) For about $25, it's a steal, IMO.

McClelland Drama Reserve in the Danish Star - wonderful, sweet flavor with no detectable topping and no bite.

Highly recommended! :thumbs:

Some Escudo Navy Deluxe in my Peterson Aran after work.
and I have some H&H Anniversary Kake rubbed out on some paper for an after dinner snack.

Vin.

I took my big Alpha out for a drive yesterday and packed it with Carter Hall.

Interesting funneled bowl and a good smoker.

Pease Chelsea Morning in a big ass Boswell Poker. :love:

This blend has rocketed into my top three blends. If I had to choose between this blend, Westminster, and Penzance it would be a damn hard decision. Luckily for me, I don't have to choose as I have plenty of each in the cellar. :cool:

Pease Chelsea Morning in a big ass Boswell Poker. :love:

This blend has rocketed into my top three blends. If I had to choose between this blend, Westminster, and Penzance it would be a damn hard decision. Luckily for me, I don't have to choose as I have plenty of each in the cellar. :cool:
I'll have to add a tin to my next order. Sounds like something I'd like. An English where the latakia doesn't dominate so the VAs can shine through.

I killed the last of my tin of McClelland(PCCA) Aurora last night and followed it with a bowl of Beacon. Both in the Stanwell Danish Reserve. Beacon is one of my favorite VaPers lately and the Aurora is VA ribbon. This tin was the OR PCCA release so it was a bit of a treat. All gone now so I'm ready to sample the newer release from '08.

Gorgeous Saturday afternoon in the 60s with a light breeze. I packed the Sav Mr.G with HOTW and enjoyed a book on the back porch. Very pleasant.

Just got back from the Gun show at Split Rock.
( Nothing spectacular except high prices)

Packed a nice bowl of SG 1792 in my Savinelli..
Lighting it up right now. :)

VIn

Well, Keeping it simple tonight.

Some nicely dried Lane 1Q in a Gents cob...

added a bit of some basic black cavendesh I had in a small tupperware to the mix..

Very reliable and tasty smoke.

( My closet blend.. LOL)

Vin

G.L. Pease Chelsea Morning..................Thank God it tastes better than it smells.

Just got back from Philly with my son,

Packing a bowl of H&H Anniversary Kake in my Savinelli 320KS Snubby Stander..
Sav makes some Very nice pipes and I am findinfg myself to be a fan of the balsa filter system..

Brilliant engineering idea and Never get bitten no matter how wet your toback is.

Very Good Stuff.

Vin

Its been a while since last pipe experience.
Yesterday I smoked Christmas Cheer 2008, very enjoyed it but I quickly reminded
why I dont smoke pipe very often.
The maintenance is frustrating.

What maintenance brother? ..
Quick scoop/scape with a blunt knife and ream with a pipe cleaner. Takes me less than a minute. Anything more thorough doesn't need to be done very often.

I cracked a new tin from my '07 Yenidje Supreme stock. DAMN! I love this stuff. Tons of tangy Yenidje with just the right amount of VA to balance it perfectly. Subtle yet complex.

What maintenance brother? ..
Quick scoop/scape with a blunt knife and ream with a pipe cleaner. Takes me less than a minute. Anything more thorough doesn't need to be done very often.

I dunno bro.. For me, the whole bowl and pipe maintaining is part of the enjoyment of the ritual.
Running a cleaner thru, Crumbling up or rubbing out some smoke..,

It calms me down.. The prep for your enjoyment.
I do not think i would enjoy it as much of for example , If you could by a "disposable" pre-filled loaded pipe of a blend of my choice.

Wouldnt be the same..
Vin..

BTW.. Packed a bowl of Nat Sherman 509...
Umm.. Interesting...
Sticky, Sweet and syrupy.. Could only enjoy this stuff once in a while.. Like a rich dessert cake or something.

Excellent room note tho.

Vin

Cracked another tin today - Dunhill SM Med from the 80s. Got a great deal on it and I like the Murry SM Med. blend.

The latakia is some of the best I've had and it tastes like 20 years of vacuum-sealed age. Packed the Sav Punto Oro Twin-bore. Best bowl of Dunhill I've smoked.

I've been smoking a lot of Butternut Burley lately while cleaning up the yard, garage, and getting the greenhouse going for this year's gardens.

I've about worn out my first cob...

Status
Not open for further replies.