• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

whats keepn it fresh..

vintageman

Banned
I know this is a matter of opinion but, what humidification yall think works the best.. oasis, gel, or the beads... :D

Oasis is good for a large humi, beads for a desktop. beads are cheaper, a lot cheaper and dead on accurate.

All hail the mighty beads!!!

Beads are economical, easy to use, and they work great. Hard to beat.

All three work well. The Gel and Oasis are a little more labor intensive but not by much once you dail in the regulation you're after. I used the smaller oasis in a desk top for years without any problems.

Beads are pretty simple as you just need to mist them a bit and you're done until your humidity starts to drop... then mist them again.

BTW, beads can be used in a large cabinet you just have to use enough. I've been using KLH for years in a cabinet humidor..... cost? 4 lbs 9 bucks! :)

I'm a fan of the Beads, but I haven't tried much else.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Beads - big tall or small - Beads!
Just use the calculator on Viper's website to determine the quantity
you will need for any given size humi and you are good to go.

Brian

Quick question about the beads, about how long are they supposed to last? Do they ever "go bad", so to say?

Also has anybody used the Boveda packets? I've got a couple in my coolidor, and they seem to be working pretty decently.

According to where I bought mine they never go bad ever.
Pretty sweet I think

Send them to me.

I will store them with my beads.

I will ration them to you.

I have a favorite answer for "whats the best firewall?" I always answer, "a pair of scissors". Cut the line, nobody can get in. Viper's beads and Cigarmony's Puck will maintain the humidity to their limits almost worry free. I keep a cabinet about the size of a college refrigerator and am using about a pound of Viper's 65% beads. Ambient RH is about 35%, so over humidification isn't a problem. I have to add moisture about once a week. If you love constantly tweaking and measuring, go with the florist's foam and the half and half.

I use the beads in my coolidor and a puck in one of my desktops. The rest are just generic round or rectangle humidifiers that I am slowly phasing out in favor of beads. They just don't cut it when compared to the convenience and effectiveness of beads/The Puck

I just take leave my humidors open while taking a nice hot shower :)

whats special about the beads. what do u think about the oasis??

My coolerdor has 65% beads and I HAVE NOT added water in about a year! Just looked at the remote Radio Shack hygrometer and it is ded on 65%!

Now I have to admit that I do not open it too often and it is in a basement room. I assume that my luck might be because the basement is always cool and probably around 65% humidity guessing by my luck.

B.T.W., I have a second digital hygrometer in the iglodor to be safe & compare accuracy so I have no doubt that I am safe.

If you have some of the floral foam humidifiers already, you may be able to convert them to beads.

Here is what I did with some cheap humidifiers and some of vipers beads. The work like a charm.

I use Oasis units for my Humidors and the gel for my coolerdors. I have been very pleased with the way they work.