• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's next?

Ugaman72

OK, the ISOM cherry was popped this weekend with a gifted Monte No. 2 from a very well off client with a humidor bigger than my house. OK, I'm hooked now. Considering the fact that I loved the Monte, and I may have the chance to try another in a couple of weeks, what would be another brand and size comparable to the No. 2 that I may enjoy. I'm wanting to try different brands. Any suggestions? By the way, I've read the rules, and I don't think I've broken any rules by anything I've asked. If I have please let me know. I want to eventually be accepted into this great group of people, and as a newbie, the last thing I want to do is break any rules or step on any toes. Thanks in advance...

Take a look at the Cigar Reviews Forum for some detailed descriptions.

Oh - I like Cohiba's! :D

OK, the ISOM cherry was popped this weekend with a gifted Monte No. 2 from a very well off client with a humidor bigger than my house. OK, I'm hooked now. Considering the fact that I loved the Monte, and I may have the chance to try another in a couple of weeks, what would be another brand and size comparable to the No. 2 that I may enjoy. I'm wanting to try different brands. Any suggestions? By the way, I've read the rules, and I don't think I've broken any rules by anything I've asked. If I have please let me know. I want to eventually be accepted into this great group of people, and as a newbie, the last thing I want to do is break any rules or step on any toes. Thanks in advance...

1. Be wary of listening to Gary (or clicking his links...)

Beyond that, assuming the Monte 2 you smoked was authentic (size of humi and wealth does not always equate with knowledge and authenticity, in fact it's often an inverse relationship), that's a pretty full bodied strong cigar. If you liked that one then you might want to try others in the same vitola, such as Partagas Serie P No. 2 (Psp2), H Upmann No. 2 and so on. Or you may want to look at other cigars from the Montecristo line. That would be two places worth looking into right away.

And finally, don't assume just because it's Cuban that it's worth all the trouble, i.e. don't get caught up in the hype. There are a ton of fantastic smokes out there which are more accessible and not contraband items.

The Diplomaticos marca is sometimes referenced as a lighter version of Montecristo - a notion that I don't disagree with.

1. Be wary of listening to Gary (or clicking his links...)

Beyond that, assuming the Monte 2 you smoked was authentic (size of humi and wealth does not always equate with knowledge and authenticity, in fact it's often an inverse relationship), that's a pretty full bodied strong cigar. If you liked that one then you might want to try others in the same vitola, such as Partagas Serie P No. 2 (Psp2), H Upmann No. 2 and so on. Or you may want to look at other cigars from the Montecristo line. That would be two places worth looking into right away.

And finally, don't assume just because it's Cuban that it's worth all the trouble, i.e. don't get caught up in the hype. There are a ton of fantastic smokes out there which are more accessible and not contraband items.

So, you're suggesting he try other cigars...and to not clicky on my linky?!

I clickyed your link Gary...always a surprise in store.

Ugaman72, smoke em all, big, fat short and tall, smoke em all.

Brian

The Diplomaticos marca is sometimes referenced as a lighter version of Montecristo - a notion that I don't disagree with.

ive heard this before as well, although i'm not sure i'm onboard with this 100%. still here, like many retail locations the diplo 2 is about 40% less expensive than the monte #2, which makes it worth a look and a taste.

I've heard good reviews of those ISOM cigars. No linky.

Taste is not universal, so follow Infinity's lead try them all and you'll find some favorites along the way.

Gary, I don't know why you like Cohiba's so much. You know there are better tasting cheaper cigars out there!

BRC
RASS
ERDM Choix

and the list goes on.

Statement of fact: I don't know a thing. Please read that again. Thank you.

I find two (2) different Diplomaticos out there, for wildly different prices; Montesinos Diplomaticos for about $60 and Padron Aniversario Diplomaticos for about $300.

Now, no making fun of the noob, but which one are you guys referring to? That is, if it's either of those.

Marcos

edited because I can't spell.

ive heard this before as well, although i'm not sure i'm onboard with this 100%. still here, like many retail locations the diplo 2 is about 40% less expensive than the monte #2, which makes it worth a look and a taste.

Thanks for the suggestions. Is there a certain ISOM brand that's considered a bit milder than the Monte #2's that I've tried? I love the #2, but to be honest, I don't think my tastes have progressed enough for me to enjoy these the way I should. I was thinking maybe I should try something in the mild-medium range (which would be nice to have around as well to offer a good client who may not be able to take a Monte). Would the Diplomaticos be a good choice?

Thanks for the suggestions. Is there a certain ISOM brand that's considered a bit milder than the Monte #2's that I've tried? I love the #2, but to be honest, I don't think my tastes have progressed enough for me to enjoy these the way I should. I was thinking maybe I should try something in the mild-medium range (which would be nice to have around as well to offer a good client who may not be able to take a Monte). Would the Diplomaticos be a good choice?

Try the Quai d'Orsay line if you want something that's a bit milder, but still of good quality IMHO Chad.

I bet I'm not the only one who swipes his cursor over every one of Gary's post looking for a link.