• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's the best Digital Hygrometer?

atuck

ANEJORE
I am wondering if any of you have any advice as to what the absolute best digital hygrometer is. I have one by Csonka now.

I've got 2 of the same, they work just fine.

As far as what is the BEST, my hygrometer is a pen type made by EXTECH. Expensive @ $95.00. It is recalibratelable and comes with its own salt test kits. I have used it for several years and been very pleased.

There are others less expensive but none come with their own 33% and 75% salt test containers, and get calibrated from the face of the instrument without dismantling.

There are many others, this is only MY personal fav.

I've got three of the Little Havana hygrometers, each bought a couple of months apart. When I got the last one, I salt tested all three of 'em in the same bag, at the same time. In the AM they all were on the money, reading identically. Not bad...:cool:

Regards - B.B.S.

An accurate one. :whistling: :thumbs: :sign:

Your answer depends on how much you want to spend. Most $15-$25 hygrometers have a +/- of 3 to 5%. Being able to simply calibrate is a nice feature.

You can move up to the $2-$400 range and gain a little better accuracy. I found +/- 1.5% in this Certified Traceable Hygrometer HERE.

grand cru no 2 said:
I have an oregon wireless digi thermo-hygro. Works well for me. +/- 2%
[snapback]192850[/snapback]​

I have one of those and two little havannas. All three are in my cooler as I don't use my desktops anymore.

I think the lh are more on than the oregon.

grand cru no 2 said:
I have an oregon wireless digi thermo-hygro. +/- 2%
[snapback]192850[/snapback]​

Oregon Scientific have several models and I know a lot of people use them. What model do you have? I didn't know they had specs of +/- 2%.... always thought the wireless was +/- 5%.

grand cru no 2 said:
I have Model # RMR603HGA .I redid the salt test yesterday after reading your post. -1%.  :cool:
[snapback]193264[/snapback]​

Got ya..... you're talking about your individual unit and I'm talking about the manufacturers spec's. I couldn't find any spec's on the web site you linked to but last time I checked on the wireless model I'm pretty sure the manufacturer specs on those units are +/- 5% for humidity....which mean if the unit is off 5% either way the manufacturer considers it working properly.

This does not mean that one of these units can not be dead on or off just a little.... just acceptable to the manufacturer to be +/- 5%.

Given up on the dial ones, had around 4 and they all read differnetly even after trying to set them. I now have a Csonka Digital Computer Environmental Data Sensor - Thermo Hygrometer and a cheap one from cheaphumidors. Again they both read differently but i also got a calibration bag so at least i'll know by how much. I'm now more inclined to go with my own judgement and just add distilled water once every 3 weeks or so to the humidifier and as long as the cigars are getting springy i'll be happy.

The next one I'm going to try that people keep recomending is the Caliber III - Digital Humidity Temperature Gauge. Apparently these are supposed to be quite accurate.

Johnny said:
The next one I'm going to try that people keep recomending is the Caliber III - Digital Humidity Temperature Gauge. Apparently these are supposed to be quite accurate.
[snapback]200331[/snapback]​

Little Havana humiGAUGE™ - have yet to read anything bad abut it (never more than ±2% in extreme cases), and you can't beat that price, nor it's size.

IgwanaRob said:
Johnny said:
The next one I'm going to try that people keep recomending is the  Caliber III - Digital Humidity Temperature Gauge. Apparently these are supposed to be quite accurate.
[snapback]200331[/snapback]​

Little Havana humiGAUGE™ - have yet to read anything bad abut it (never more than ±2% in extreme cases), and you can't beat that price, nor it's size.
[snapback]200368[/snapback]​

Damn Rob, I saw this recently on my cigar hunting adventures. It was like $15 and I thought it would be great for the traveldor, but the price made me think it was crap. Now where was that shop? :(

Here is a site I found while hunting for mine CLICK There all pretty inexpensive.

Rich

Shibumi said:
Little Havana humiGAUGE™

Damn Rob, I saw this recently on my cigar hunting adventures. It was like $15 and I thought it would be great for the traveldor, but the price made me think it was crap. Now where was that shop? :(
[snapback]200527[/snapback]​

Keep in mind that price includes shipping.