• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's The Catch With Cigar Bid?

McPatrickClan

McPatrickClan
I just hit cigarbid.com and they have some incredible prices. I can't believe how cheap this stuff is! As an EBay vet, I am tempted to hit this place all the time. Are there any drawbacks?

They only draw back is that you run out of room in the humi, and your credit card statements take longer to read. Ask Dave and Lee about cigar bid.

Emo

It can become a habit. If you have control and know what price to limit yourself to you can find a deal or two there.

Pay attention and you will notice that some items are there every week. If you are patient and don't get caught up in "bidding" you can steal it sometimes. Do not go by their suggested retail. Do the research on what you're bidding on.

Personally, the times I have bidded there I have used this formula...Find the lowest price on the net for that cigar and knock off %25 to use as my max bid. I don't start bidding at that price, but use that as my ceiling. Yeah, that might more than the cigar is worth, but I can justify it by it being lower that JR's price...LOL

Emo

emodx said:
Personally, the times I have bidded there I have used this formula...Find the lowest price on the net for that cigar and knock off %25 to use as my max bid. I don't start bidding at that price, but use that as my ceiling. Yeah, that might more than the cigar is worth, but I can justify it by it being lower that JR's price...LOL

Emo
That's actually a terrific idea. I think I will proceed to get a user ID there.

emodx said:
Find the lowest price on the net for that cigar and knock off %25 to use as my max bid.
Emo
If its a regular item they have every week (they have two each week) you can do better then 25%........ patience, patience, patience. :)

Evil, Evil, place. Never go there! Give the wife all the credit cards and tell her to hide them. That place is like a virus, once you bid it takes over.

be right back, got to go check my bids :lookup:

I would only add one statement.
Watch out for the statement of
Ohh What the Hell it's only........

If you do not heed this warning you may find yourself with some really really nasty Dog rockets.. (right guys?)

I only buy accessories from them. They occassionally have a cigar I would like (Padron maduro 3000 :thumbs: ) but they always go for more then what you could buy them elsewhere.

They do have plenty of yard smokes and thats being nice! :sign:

Everyone is right about credit card bills. I have to quit for awhile and smoke what I've got. You can get great deals just take your time. I got burned once at cigar bid but it was my fault. Dont get in a hurry, if you lose a bid there will be another tommorrow.

Hi everyone my name is Ben and a I'm a cigarbidaholic................ ;)

Need I say more LOL

I 2nd Wascal's comments... It's an evil evil place. Stay away!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

LMAO
Dave ;) :sign:

Can you spell ADDICTION-yes it's "CigarBid.com"! I love it, my bank loves it, my wife...well she likes me most of the time.

As you can tell by my "posts" above I am new here...also new to Cigars online. Have been on CigarBid for too long and CigarWeekly. Found this site when I did my first pass through CB.

I look forward to "playing" in here too!!! :p

Welcome Eloyd...now go to the lobby and formally introduce yourself.

Emo

Welcome Floyd.....and as Emo has said, get in the lobby and tell us about yourself. You'll find a good cross group of characters here. :)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh, eveeeeeeeel place. I was a cigarbidanonomous user for almost a year. Damned if I didn't almost max out my credit card. But I got a few awesome deals, most recently a humi that Emo actually reccomended, the uh... Oh crap, I can't remember, but it's a real nice one, has a nice glass top, a shelf and it's about 120-150 count humi. The shelf has a holder for 2 pucks and the hygro. Emo, what the hell is the name of that humi? God I'm looking right at it and can't think of the name.

Anyway, I got it for 55$. Hell of a steal.

Now I stay away from it, unless I need things like lighters, or butane. Usually get that very, very cheap.

I buy from JR, Famous-Smoke, and a few others.

Well, I'm definately addicted to that place, but have calmed down recently!!

I agree with the others, watch the lots, some are weekly, so set a price and don't go over it!

As far as deals, I got the Monte Cigar de arts green box (nice box, 12 gars in tubes and a guiotine cutter for $61. It retails for $100. Also picked up some Partagas Signature 150 Series "A"s for a lot less than what I hear they go for!

Welcome Floyd!! :D

Dammit Lee, I think I was bidding aginst you on those monte's LOL

:p

El Rey it is called Tone...it is a fine piece of work....and it works great!

Emo