• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's The Catch With Cigar Bid?

Yeah, I stole that one Tony!! They're always on there though. You know that line is being replaced by the Monte Platinum! Better go bid on one quick! :sign:

OK, now this is just stupid:

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=69003

The current bid to win is at $31 and that is over $6 a cigar BEFORE shipping costs! Those things go for less than $4 at even the pricey tobacco shops. People go crazy on these auction sites.

BTW: I had a bad dream about three nights ago that I received my MasterCard statement and it showed I had a balance of $6,415 even. It had Cigar Bid written all over it!

Good thing it was just a bad dream... :D

Where are you finding them for less than $4? MSRP is $4.15 and with them not being readily available you need to add a premium in those areas. Oh yea....I noticed one of the high bidders was from California. They have very high tobacco taxes...... as do several other states.

Got to compare an Orange to an Orange......

McP, when I find the SS around here, it is usually around $5. If you can get them regularly for $4, please tell me where :D . However, the issue is whether the bidder can get them at all in his/her area. If they cannot, then bidding upwards of $10/stick would not be unrealistc. LD and I were in a walk-in that had them for $10 and the box was over half gone, so that tells me that sometimes a $10 stick in the hand is much better than a $4 stick in the dreams.

And speaking of dreams, you keep hangin out at CB and your nightmare may become reality!!!!! :D :0 ???