• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whats the difference between Full Bodied vs Full Flavored?

gmewu99

Banned
I was wondering if anyone can explain the difference between Full Bodied and Full Flavored Cigars? I have been reading books and references online and I always see referenced about it.

-gmewu99
SPAM LINK REMOVED BY CP

Personally, I'd consider those two terms interchangable. There are generally two characteristics of a cigar: strength and flavor. Light/med/full strength is usually in relation to the nicotine content of the smoke. Light/med/full flavor refer to the complexity of flavors you get from a smoke and/or how it changes over the course of the smoke. Full bodied could refer to strength, depending on the context.

All personal opinion, but something like a LFD Chisel would be full strength, but rather light, one dimensional flavor. Illusione would be medium strength, but a full complex flavor.

Hope that helps.

Originally, body was mouth feel(creamy, peppery, harsh) and flavor, flavor(duh) and strength, Nicotine content. Some now simplify it to body=strength paring it to two components, body and flavor.

That's how I've always heard it explained---full-flavored refers to intensity/complexity/strength of flavor, and full-bodied refers to the strength of the nicotine content, because you FEEL it "full body" . . . like with a GOF! :love:

~Boar

One makes you puke, the other doesn't. :laugh:

In simple terms, I think there is Strength (Nicotine), Body (mouth feel), and Flavor (differing intensities from reticent, to very rich)

Some use the term full bodied to describe a cigar with a lot of nicotine (puke). A Cigar with a lot of Ligero might have high nic, but not necessarily a lot of rich flavor, etc.

Originally, body was mouth feel(creamy, peppery, harsh) and flavor, flavor(duh) and strength, Nicotine content. Some now simplify it to body=strength paring it to two components, body and flavor.

The website I've been purchasing cigars from describes them in relation to mild/medium/full bodied...so when it say's full bodied, that means there's a fair amount of nicotine along side the flavor? I'd like to say I'm trying to avoid the ones with a good amount of nicotine because I've found those make me a bit sick (maybe I'm just not use to the strength yet, gotta build up?) I dunno, regardless, the terminology still confuses me...lol, because the term full-bodied is always followed with flavors on the website as if that defines the flavors only.

....sometimes, pictorial explanations are required.

This is "Full Bodied"....:

gallery_1565_604_25132.jpg

...this is "Full Flavored"...:

gallery_1565_604_13711.jpg

....any questions...??....:p

wOOt...!!...B.B.S.

Tom, thanks for the best kind of humor, the kind you don"t see comming...I'm still laughing

I'm both slightly disturbed and rather aroused... two things that should probably never go together... ???

The plastic wood company that built that bench should be using that pic in their marketing. Not even a hint of a bow.

She may not be able to see her feet, but;
her belly button has a front row seat!

:p

She may not be able to see her feet, but;
her belly button has a front row seat!

:p

No kidding. That picture is seriously nasty. Gonna give me friggin' nightmares. Actually, scratch that, it HAS given me nightmares. :(

Edit for spelling