• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's the longest you have owned a cigar?

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
I have a 1995 Montecristo #2 that I got in 1996. It will make 8 years in before I fire it up next year for my birthday. How about you?

I wasn't going to post to this because I did not have a cool FOG story to tell about my Pre-Castro RyJ Churchill that's been sitting in my grandpa's (and now mine) old cigar box sweat'n like a stick of dynamite from the 1800's.

But I felt guilty for not answering the post with the story I did have.

So instead, I'll post about an old Padron #2000 that was recently found in the bottom of my tuperdor after being forgotten about for a year and found again when I tranfered everything to my new humidor.

Ooooo. Impressive. I feel like the Anti-Fog.

hmmm that would be my Royal Jamacian Churchill
which was my 1st cigar purchased at JR's in Selma N.C. on Xmas eve 2002
I will light this up on xmas eve in loving memmory of my Shar-Pei " Creases " :love:

What's the longest you have owned a cigar?

A couple of hours....
lol.gif

Actually, ya know, that's a hard question to answer. It was only until very recently that I:
1. Had anything that resembled a diverse cigar inventory. Up until I won CigarPool in May of 2003, I would just buy boxes and smoke 'em 'til they were gone.
2. Started even keeping track of when I acquired them and from where.

I still have some of the cigars I received in May so seven months I guess.

I still have a Cohiba Espendidos and a Siglo IV from my very first over seas order. That had to be just about 2 1/2 years ago or so. I never smoked hand made cigars much before then.

I still have 3 AFuente Flor Fina 8-5-8 Maddies from my very first box purchase bought on vacation in Tampa in 1916.

STYX&STONED said:
I still have 3 AFuente Flor Fina 8-5-8 Maddies from my very first box purchase bought on vacation in Tampa in 1916.
Geeeeez, Styx! How frickin' old are you? You're not a Fog. You're a vapor. :D :sign:

1916? Too much Stoned and not enough Styx me thinks :p

I have a few sticks that may have some years on them, but as few as I have i smoke'em when I gett'em and share some goods with some friends. I guess the "oldest" one in my custody is a single Padron 3000 Mad from a box I bought from Bruddah Wade some 7-8 months ago, maybe only 6 months, but you get the idea. My humi currently only has ISOMs from the IGBC that has brought about a change to the dark side for ever!!

I have a Phillies Blunt that I found in my backpack from freshman year, that sucker is pretty old!

:sign:

I've got a Cohiba Pyramide EL I bought in March. I believe it's from '02 but not sure. It was the first Havana I ever bought along with a Monte #2. I smoked the Monte but have kept the Cobiha for some reason.

I have 5 Hemingway signatures left from a Sept 8 2000 box purchase and 2 Regalos Churchills from February 1998 box purchase to hand out for my daughters birth. Those will stay until maybe her 18th birthday.

Bat_Chief said:
So instead, I'll post about an old Padron #2000 that was recently found in the bottom of my tuperdor after being forgotten about for a year and found again when I tranfered everything to my new humidor.

Ooooo. Impressive. I feel like the Anti-Fog.[/SIZE][/color][/font]
actually, you wouls be called a FNG. :D

I have had a torp. that was gifted to me from a great Bro. when I started out here ~8 mos. ago.

Will smoke it in an hour.

IMO, some cigars should just be smoked, easier that way. :sign:

Almost 5 years ago, a friend gave me a 25 year old ISOM Monte #2. Such a special cigar has to be saved for the right moment. That moment came about 3.5 years later, when Isaiah (Our adopted son from Guyana) got his U.S. Citizenship.

On that evening, I smoked that cigar, which by that time was almost 29 years old, along with some good 15 year old rum.

Couldn't have been a more perfect moment. And I saved that cigar for 3.5 years.

HAPPY SMOKES! ! !

STEVE

I got a box of Lanceros for my bday back in 99.
I smoked about 5 of them since then.

gkpk said:
I got a box of Lanceros for my bday back in 99.
I smoked about 5 of them since then.
:0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0

Talk about self control! :D

As an update, I did smoke my 1995 Monte #2 for my birthday so now my oldest is most likely a 2001 domestic Monte. Oh well, there'll always be more. :)